The Spanish Job - message for those that are coming!! (1 Viewer)

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
She loves me really!!!!

Well thats it, he promised me I wouldnt have to cook xmas day, and as we only have 2 burners and a toy size grill in the van it may have to be a bbq. Pray for good weather. Sadly making Trev cook is not an option, in 21 years of marriage he has managed to avoid cooking anything more than toast. He reckons he cant drive a cooker !! :RollEyes: There must be a spanish restaurant somewhere near that will be open, even in our village the spanish like to go out to eat on 25th. Still looking forward to coming and meeting you all on xmas eve. Sue :thumb:
Ime sure she loves me really:cry:Trev

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
And there's a very good class of pooch booked in on 12th Dec crossing! Got the van back now, just got to get it Eurofit!

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
pooch

I do hope that the referance POOCH is not a slur on my spanish patio rat we refer to as our dog:ROFLMAO:, You have a good trip down and good luck, look forward to joining your oh in the bar for a bevvie or two (when its open boo hoo):thumb: Trev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Not at all! We have a 'chug' and a rather gummy 'lorkie' who will be useing their passports for the first time though they've been on a ferry to the Isle of Wight and the older one's been to Jersey!

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Yours are allready jetsetters, our Titchie got very excited when we sorted him a passport out earlier this year as we planned to take the camper back to uk for our yearly visit to see the grandkids in october. He was very dissapointed when i decided to fly and save a week of my holiday for xmas, But he has been to portugal and is going again tomorrow so he has forgiven us :ROFLMAO:.We loves him really

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
We share a very small van with ours so we have to love them, but my hubby is absolutely soppy about them so excuse my blushes when he fusses over them! I tend to get miffed when I'm last in line for the goodnight kisses! Next to a bottle of brown ale there is nothing he loves better than his 'girls'! Such is life. Roll on December!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Update re travel ...

Thanks to a major issue with th eferry, we are now leaving the UK at 10am on the 16th, not the 15th :Angry:

Soooooo. proly be either very late on the 18th or the middle of the 19th we arrive now Marie :thumb:
Ferry back is booked for the 11th of Feb, so should get at least 17 maybe 18 days on site :thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
How long will the Spanish experience last??

Hi, We are seriously thinking about joining you - baring in mind that our Motorhome has been with the dealer (who is trying to solve all the problems) for nearly a month!

We still dont have a return to us date yet and wondered how long you are all going to be in Zahora.

Ginny and Mike

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi, We are seriously thinking about joining you - baring in mind that our Motorhome has been with the dealer (who is trying to solve all the problems) for nearly a month!

We still dont have a return to us date yet and wondered how long you are all going to be in Zahora.

Ginny and Mike

We are hoping to be there for about 5-6-7-8-9 weeks.. :winky:

Or till Marie kicks me and Hilldweller off site for being to unruly,, so may only be there for two or three days,, depends if I can keep him in control.. :whatthe:

Joking aside,, a few weeks and then poodle on up to Portugal and slowly make our way back to the UK.. No specific time scale,, depends on weather really.. :thumb:

Thats the beauty of being a very old OAP.. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

Ginny and Mike

Great! :thumb::thumb:

We'll be here till at least April - people coming and going all the time! :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Update re travel ...
Soooooo. proly be either very late on the 18th or the middle of the 19th we arrive now Marie :thumb:
Ferry back is booked for the 11th of Feb, so should get at least 17 maybe 18 days on site :thumb:

Hope you will be able find a decent route now you have given away your top of the range Sat Nav...:ROFLMAO:

JJ ::bigsmile:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Great! :thumb::thumb:

We'll be here till at least April - people coming and going all the time! :Smile:

Great! Can you tell us the cost of camping, we have 2 small dogs, do they charge??

How long will it be 300 euros for a month??

Ginny

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Great! Can you tell us the cost of camping, we have 2 small dogs, do they charge??

How long will it be 300 euros for a month??

Ginny

The winter rates apply until June.

1 month is €300 :Smile:

If you stay 2 months its €275 a month. :Smile::Smile:

If you stay 3 months or more it's €250 a month. :Smile::Smile::Smile:

There is no charge for dogs! :Smile:

On our pitch we have the motorhome and 2 tents. On the next pitch we have 2 washing lines and a hire car!! We have cable TV and wi-fi - all for €250 a month! ( of course we would have to vacate the pitch next door if someone wanted it!!!:Eeek:)

After beg June the fees go up a lot and also the site is very busy with Spanish vans - very noisy - very hot.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well what a ferry trip that was....Jim you put the hex on this trip lolol,. one of the roughest crossings ever....the phrase ...catch your dinner while you can comes into mind LOL Punch bowls on the bar flying across the room , bottles of whiskey falling off the shelves, plates and glasses smashing and people falling over if it hadnt been so tragic we would have taken pictures ( only we couldnt stand still long enough )

Bryan was quesy and Suzy had to lash him to the bed well that was how Suzy explained it( We hadnt seen him again until we disembarked )....John was hoping for the same treatment but alas we kept falling over trying to lash him to the bed so gave up

Great journey to Salamanca 4 and half hrs....roads soo quiet ....now at camping Regio, using free wifi waiting to go in to dinner wahooo will keep you posted on our travels

Los Amigos de Spanish Job xx

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Ginny and Mike

Go on Ginny & Mike we would love to see you down there. ::bigsmile:
Not sure when as Jean is still fighting the Diabetes tablets. Back to docs tomorrow so we may get a date we can get away. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not sure when as Jean is still fighting the Diabetes tablets. Back to docs tomorrow so we may get a date we can get away. :thumb:

I think they just give random tablets for this until the patient dies or stops complaining.

Wife went through random stage, survived all sorts, stable for a year or more then out of the blue "we are changing XXXX to YYYY". Days later she starts coughing. Six months she complains. Change YYYY to ZZZZ. Still coughs. Six months later. "Ah well YYYY and ZZZZ are similar, we'll go back to XXXX". She's still coughing like a 100 a day smoker.

Beats me.

And in fact it gets worse. She phones to complain, "Oh we can't book an appointment until a nurse has spoken to her, well get one to call, it will be Tuesday". This is Thursday. Tuesday: "Oh you need to see a doctor, I'll get you an appointment for Thursday". A week wasted.

Now you can't walk in and say "I've an appointment". No, you go to a terminal and punch in your details, that get you in. One job saved.

Park well away from us in Zahora. Have you got a spare bed ?

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Go on Ginny & Mike we would love to see you down there. ::bigsmile:

Hi Keith and Jean, we are all getting a bit older and health is an issue. Michael has problems with his breathing in the cold and wet so winter in the warm certainly has a lot of good points!!

It would be great to meet up again.

Ginny and Mike

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I think they just give random tablets for this until the patient dies or stops complaining.

Wife went through random stage, survived all sorts, stable for a year or more then out of the blue "we are changing XXXX to YYYY". Days later she starts coughing. Six months she complains. Change YYYY to ZZZZ. Still coughs. Six months later. "Ah well YYYY and ZZZZ are similar, we'll go back to XXXX". She's still coughing like a 100 a day smoker.

Beats me.

And in fact it gets worse. She phones to complain, "Oh we can't book an appointment until a nurse has spoken to her, well get one to call, it will be Tuesday". This is Thursday. Tuesday: "Oh you need to see a doctor, I'll get you an appointment for Thursday". A week wasted.

Now you can't walk in and say "I've an appointment". No, you go to a terminal and punch in your details, that get you in. One job saved.

Park well away from us in Zahora. Have you got a spare bed ?
Be a bit draughty in the awning Brian.

It's not like that in Scotland Brian, we just go to the surgery and wait our turn. No appointments to make and if they want to see you one of the ladies will tell you when you go to pick up your repeat prescriptions.

It's like stepping back in time to when I was a lad. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: they even know your name so there's no escape.

Tomorrow we go in mob handed to read the riot act and tell him to sort it - well, hopefully that is.

I'm sure we will get down to the sun, but when is another matter, unless tomorrow brings something better.

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
We will be in Spain the end of January we would like to join you if possible we would be staying probably a couple of weeks we have ACSI card. Our motorhome is 7.39m long and we are Gerald and Lesley Thorne. Look forward to meeting you.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We will be in Spain the end of January we would like to join you if possible we would be staying probably a couple of weeks we have ACSI card. Our motorhome is 7.39m long and we are Gerald and Lesley Thorne. Look forward to meeting you.

Gerald and Lesley - you are most welcome - look forward to meeting you!:Smile:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I can picture you now, clipboard in hand. Hi-Viz jacket on and a Star Wars Storm Trooper Intercom in the other hand.

"NO, that's not straight. Left hand down. Back. I SAID BACK. No too far. Oh come out and start again. It'll be Christmas before you park it. Here let me do it"...........................

"Er. sorry, er I, er, where did that hole come from. Not to worry, Patricio has a nice tractor, just wait there."

"Yes I know you can't move because it's in a sodding great hole. I'll be back in a minute OK".
2 hi viz jackets...that are to hand if you dont mind.....i read it somewhere.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hope you will be able find a decent route now you have given away your top of the range Sat Nav...:ROFLMAO:

JJ ::bigsmile:

Should be ok JJ, gonna be using a proper GPS :winky:

Hope you do not run out of crayons to update the screen on that old tomtom I sent you ! :ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Marie, what is the daily rate on the site please ?

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Marie

We are getting the Santander Ferry which arrives at 1 pm thinking to stop at Camping Santillana De Mer did you stay there ? if so how was it. Does the site at Zahora accept credit cards.

Thanks L

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Marie

We are getting the Santander Ferry which arrives at 1 pm thinking to stop at Camping Santillana De Mer did you stay there ? if so how was it. Does the site at Zahora accept credit cards.

Thanks L

Yes, good and yes!!:roflmto::roflmto:

We stayed at Santillana - nice site - lovely village. OK for European vans but a bit tight for bigger vans!

Then we stayed at Camping Regio in Salamanca, then Camping Caceres.

Yes the site accepts credit cards. :Smile:

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Thank you Marie, we 've stayed at Salamanca and Caceres before both towns are worth a visit we have also stayed on a site at Cubillas overnight it was ok for a night halt only 3 vans there. A big thank you for answering everyones queries

L

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Marie,,,,, please could you empty some of your messages,, tried to send PM but you is all full up :cry: :winky:

Sorry to drag you away from your Gin bottle and all that sun.. :ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
OK, we went to the docs. tonight and it looks like good news. they are saying Jean is OK with her tablets, at least for the next few months.
So we will be getting ready to set off early December.

About time too as it's getting cold here and I feel the need for SUN. :sin::sin::sin:

Now to rob Tesco of a few bob and get the tunnel booked then we'll be organised. :thumb:::bigsmile:riving2:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Have the Welsh/American & MHF Admin contingent arrived yet?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back