The Spanish Job - Let the FUN begin!! (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Are you coming over here??

Oh No! Close the borders!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No point Marie... The Stealth Wagon slips through borders un noticed by any patrols and even if they did stop I have people who sort these things out for me...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Zahora

Hi JJ sent my reply before reading your banter with Marie. Hope you are well in Portugal and your weather has improved. All joking aside it would be great to see you if you wanted to come to this amazing place. Perhaps you could do the Zahora Comedy Walk they wouldnt be able to stop laughing like you had everyone in stitches at Bath. Such a good experience!!! Take care and keep smiling ::bigsmile: Nannyjan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for the photos Marie .. really appreciated by those of us left over here, alone, dejected, depressed, rained on, cold, etc... only kidding.:winky: Please send us as many as you can. It is great to see what is happening there and gives us hope for maybe next year.

Jan ... You have, of course, sneaked a frog in your van for me havn't you.... A BIG one, handsome, strong, long legs, and not about to croak. :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yahooo..... we have just BOOKED for Santander Ferry to visit with you all :thumb:

We sail on Wednesday 17th Nov 12 noon and will return on the 6th Dec

not sure which John will drive to ....Salamanca or Caceres as you have mentioned these stops or if there is one in between these...we have to chat about that yet

Marie do we need to book with the Zahora site or just turn up, we land thurs 1pm at santander, does Fri late afternoon sound feasonable space of time to arrive(only going on the past when John has driven to dover late at night ok )

It would be nice to be near to you and the other funsters if poss, also
do we need the cycle sign etc, as we have never driven in Spain before

thanx for any info

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
(how can i concentrate doing the VAT now with the deadline Monday )

Kath n John xx

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good on you Kath, I have never really thought about going abroad around Christmas before but think things could change next year, have a great time.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well done Cath and John, Hope you both have a safe journey and lovely time when you arrive.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yahooo..... we have just BOOKED for Santander Ferry to visit with you all :thumb:

You Welsh swine. Doing the Spanish Job AND The New Year Beer Job.

<FX> man strutting round house looking for a cat to kick.

Greedy look you, greedy and decadent.

Looks like your blackmail about learning to drive Thing worked.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Now I know why JCD was polishing the 'van:ROFLMAO:

Have a fantastic time and rest assured we'll want to know the in and outs when you arrive at the New Year Beer meet.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

not sure which John will drive to ....Salamanca or Caceres as you have mentioned these stops or if there is one in between these...we have to chat about that yet

Marie do we need to book with the Zahora site or just turn up, we land thurs 1pm at santander, does Fri late afternoon sound feasonable space of time to arrive(only going on the past when John has driven to dover late at night ok )

thanx for any info

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Kath n John xx

Kath that is BRILLIANT news! We're SO excited!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'll answer your questions later!! Got to cook tea now!! Just been for a 4½ mile walk and now he wants his tea!!!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Oooh I thought you'd find a way to get down there::bigsmile: I spose it goes without saying, but have Fun::bigsmile::roflmto::thumb:

thanx for any info

Kath n John xx

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
You Welsh swine. Doing the Spanish Job AND The New Year Beer Job.

<FX> man strutting round house looking for a cat to kick.

Greedy look you, greedy and decadent.

Looks like your blackmail about learning to drive Thing worked.

hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:this is sooo funny ...worked though

.... well we had to time it right didnt we..... couldnt miss out on Jims New Year beer meet could we :thumb::thumb:

Kath x

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.... well we had to time it right didnt we..... couldnt miss out on Jims New Year beer meet could we :thumb::thumb:
Kath x

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Shameless you are, I don't know how you dare set foot in Chapelllllll now.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Shameless you are, I don't know how you dare set foot in Chapelllllll now.

We had to miss your lovely meet to Lake Garda, this is making up for it !

tideeeee... n we went to Chapel recently too (said in a welsh accent )
:thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Now I know why JCD was polishing the 'van:ROFLMAO:

Have a fantastic time and rest assured we'll want to know the in and outs when you arrive at the New Year Beer meet.

haha Phil ....John was polishing it to protect it against our wild wet welsh weather in all honesty ....

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
viva la espania

guess i will have to learn some spanish now...how does one say 1 large glass of bubbly porfor whatsit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Kath that is BRILLIANT news! We're SO excited!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'll answer your questions later!! Got to cook tea now!! Just been for a 4½ mile walk and now he wants his tea!!!!

Marie that is alot of exercise for those there FitFlops ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

yippee will be able to wear mine (wonder if i can blag a new pair before departure lol)

Suzy n Bryan when are you going ? Be great if you were there also xx

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We had to miss your lovely meet to Lake Garda, this is making up for it !/QUOTE]

This one is a bit different, at least in my mind. Garda was never promoted as a meet, just a plot to infect others with the awesome beauty of Italy. I think it worked. We got a bonus on the way back and re-discovered Switzerland and the Rhein.

We've never been infected with Spain in the same way, I have no idea why. Possibly because we've really only done tourist Spain and mainly the islands. So who knows it may be a breakthrough for us.

Tomorrow and Sunday we will be glued to pictures of Valencia. If there is one thing the Spanish excel at it is bike racing.

I'm coming round to Dame Penelope's stops, considering the shorter days I think Salamanca and Cacares would be a good idea. Not much fun in arriving at a strange campsite in the dark. We can afford the extra day.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Marie that is alot of exercise for those there FitFlops ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

yippee will be able to wear mine (wonder if i can blag a new pair before departure lol)

Suzy n Bryan when are you going ? Be great if you were there also xx

I got another pair of Fitflops from Ebay - £6 + £4 postage! - Great they are too!!:thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We had to miss your lovely meet to Lake Garda, this is making up for it !/QUOTE]

This one is a bit different, at least in my mind. Garda was never promoted as a meet, just a plot to infect others with the awesome beauty of Italy. I think it worked. We got a bonus on the way back and re-discovered Switzerland and the Rhein.

We've never been infected with Spain in the same way, I have no idea why. Possibly because we've really only done tourist Spain and mainly the islands. So who knows it may be a breakthrough for us.

Tomorrow and Sunday we will be glued to pictures of Valencia. If there is one thing the Spanish excel at it is bike racing.

I'm coming round to Dame Penelope's stops, considering the shorter days I think Salamanca and Cacares would be a good idea. Not much fun in arriving at a strange campsite in the dark. We can afford the extra day.

Thank you for your wise words Brian, we are limited with time on this occasion :winky::winky: so will see how it goes for distance wise traveling , but perhaps if granted another visit we can view the lovely scenery/vista on route and take a more moderate time to travel xx

At least when we disembark the ferry we wont be bombarded with snow and fog like last January (calais )

Kath xx

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Here I am In A&E working till Midnight, taking a break, Pouring with rain outside, wet and wetter.

And all you bloody lot can go on about is how good its going to be, and now even John and Kath are deserting and Joining you. Enough's enough, can you now stop having fun and think of us poor sods left behind..

Ok

Now

for

the

two

seconds

that

you

gave

us

a

thought

thank you..:shout:

Carry on Funsters :thumb:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Here I am In A&E working till Midnight, taking a break, Pouring with rain outside, wet and wetter.

And all you bloody lot can go on about is how good its going to be, and now even John and Kath are deserting and Joining you. Enough's enough, can you now stop having fun and think of us poor sods left behind..

:thumb:

It's OK Paul - one day you too will grow old and be allowed to break free and have FUN!!!! Trouble is by then the retirement age will be so high you'll just go straight into a nursing home!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just booked the ferry,, sail Plymouth - Santandar 12 december @ 10.00am,, should be at Zahora wednesday 15th.. :thumb:

Was going to go on the Wed 15th ferry,, thus Brian (Hildweller) could have plied me with alcohol for 22 hrs.. :winky:

But not keen on the late disembarking,, we arrive at 9am, so can plod on down a couple of hundred miles in daylight.. :thumb:

Plus the road works into Plymouth are a pain in the rear weekdays :Sad: and a lot easier on Sundays.. :thumb:

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Hi Old Mo!
A Sunday crossing appealed to me too because of the early arrival time. Don't fancy blundering around in the dark in a strange area. Have never been to north Spain. As we are only just over 12ft long they'll probably park us sideways and save a space!! If they charge £60 for an extra foot any chance of a reduction for us little uns do you think?!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back