The Spanish Job - Final Planning (1 Viewer)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Emmm,
This camp "Camping Regio", in the ACSI descripion it does not have the "Motorhomes over 7.5 accepted". Have they just got it wrong? As I am over 12 m hooked up, 7.5 for the 5er alone, will it be a problem? Must admit usually use large petrol stations as stopovers in Spain but that is down the A23 route.
Just Jack

Depends what time of the year you go. We have been in December and only a few vans/caravans on there so they park on the roads. Loads of room when it's quiet. :thumb:

I thought it expensive for what you got but there is the hotel which I think was OK.

Never been into Salamanca except before the MW was finished & it looked interesting, but never stopped as it was always in winter and it;s 'B' cold up there. :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We're up for this, I retire in a few weeks and want somewhere to spend the winter:thumb: hope to see you in December then:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Be nice to know who will be there, and when, is there a list Dame Penelope?

If we need a start:

Keith & Jean will be arriving in December

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

If we need a start:

There is nothing like a Dame, dame, dame, dame. But failing that we'll just DIY.

Dame Penelope OBE, BAR, PUB, TAPAS --- Oct(ish)
Keith --- December
Hilldweller --- December 18.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

If we need a start:

There is nothing like a Dame, dame, dame, dame. But failing that we'll just DIY.

Dame Penelope OBE, BAR, PUB, TAPAS --- Oct(ish)
Keith --- December
Hilldweller --- December 18.

Ha Ha!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

I haven't got a clue!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lots of people have expressed interest but I don't know who is definitely coming - except us of course!!!:Smile::Smile:

Maybe people could let us know if they are really up for it and we'll get a list going?

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Lots of people have expressed interest but I don't know who is definitely coming - except us of course!!!:Smile::Smile:

Hang in there Dame PP. Two of us are down in writing.

Ah gottit - you can only see pink:

Keith -- December
Hilldweller -- Dec 18

I had hoped for a pole dancer but that went pair shaped and all that was on offer were two toothless octogenarian Ukranian fish gutters. Not very appealing even if they did offer to bring their own knives.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hang in there Dame PP. Two of us are down in writing.

Ah gottit - you can only see pink:

Keith -- December
Hilldweller -- Dec 18

I had hoped for a pole dancer but that went pair shaped and all that was on offer were two toothless octogenarian Ukranian fish gutters. Not very appealing even if they did offer to bring their own knives.

OK let's start the list!

Hilldweller--Dec
Keith--Dec
Us!-- Oct hopefully ( depends on NHS!)
Ant&Debs--Oct
Jackomet--Oct
Rayb182-- Dec
RoadRunner--?
Trevosky--?

So anyone else out there to add to the list or give us a clue about when?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Marie, I have bumped this up as I know of two people who said they want to go but their names are not on the list, so hopefully they will see it. Joy

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Marie, I have bumped this up as I know of two people who said they want to go but their names are not on the list, so hopefully they will see it. Joy

Name and shame them - we'll send the press gang out - well Rex actually, he's the military one.

Isn't that woman who can't afford proper dogs one ?

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Sailing P to S with Brittany on 12th October but may not be there in December and move on to Roquetas del Mar as it's much easier (and cheaper) to fly home from there for two weeks in December for daughters birthday and Christmas.
BTW was quoted £444 direct with Britanny, £435 using CC&C (inc. outside cabin which is normaly more expensive, but no 10% discount as it was not a return) Still worth it IMHO as I'm sick of the drive down through France, as with a 5er you can't just stop anywhere you like, basically have plan your stops and stay with the motorways, boring.
Plan is to drive back via France, Italy and end up sometime in June at the garden festival in Koblentz, Germany.
Just Jack

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Not booked ours yet, but will be free with Eurotunnel (thanks Tesco).

Will add dates as and when we get organised. In Cyprus at the moment (one heck of a drive that) but once we get back all systems will be go.

No we are not in the MH. :ROFLMAO:

loneranger

Free Member
Apr 14, 2010
Funster No
I am travelling down to Barcelona from Calais, starting 9th October. Will be spending two days travelling, then five nights in Barcelona.

After reading this thread from it's inception, I am almost convinced!

I had planned on returning to Calais for the ferry on the 30th October, but wondered if anyone will be at this meeting site if I get there late October?

Any idea on how long it will take me to drive from Barcelona?

Ann

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I am travelling down to Barcelona from Calais, starting 9th October. Will be spending two days travelling, then five nights in Barcelona.

After reading this thread from it's inception, I am almost convinced!

I had planned on returning to Calais for the ferry on the 30th October, but wondered if anyone will be at this meeting site if I get there late October?

Any idea on how long it will take me to drive from Barcelona?

Ann

We do it in about 5 stops - but we visit people along the way and also don't do too much mileage in a day! ( took us 5 weeks to get home in May!!):Eeek:

It's about 740 miles from Barcelona to Zahora according to Autoroute.

There should be some Funsters there end October - hopefully we'll be among them! (NHS permitting!!) :Smile:

Look forward to seeing you!:thumb::thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Did I not hear that Bryan and Suzy were coming ?

I was look forward to hours of in depth discussion on relays. And now watching Bryan light up as he samples Spanish electricity.

Yes they are but they're being very quiet about it aren't they?:Smile:

Do you think they're going incognito and will call themselves by a pseudonym? Maybe Bonnie and Clyde or Terry and June or Torvill and Dean or Hinge and Bracket maybe?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Hi, I am hoping to follow earlier with Penelope Pitstop if they are happy for me to do so. So hopefully I will be there to greet you all that are arriving for the month over Christmas and New Year. It sounds so exciting and what a great opportunity to have such good company at a special time of year.

Keep smiling ::bigsmile: NannyJan

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Were Kinda On Our Way

Hi

We are due to be there on 1 Oct, at the moment we are at camping municipal de Arganil, Sarzedo, Portugal as we are signing contracts and get keys for our cottage and land on tues.

We may be a few days late arriving are we had the water expansion tank blow on way down from santander, and we managed to buy an expansion tank for a ford fiesta. but seem to work on a GMC V8 6 Litre :ROFLMAO: so we are going to stay her until i can get the part from americanvehcileparts in UK appx 10-14 days.

Nice area here also couple of garage up the road that sell GPL/LPG/AutoGas

Also the LPG site in Valladolid does take 5th wheelers. we drove in and turned round inside the compound and drove out ok our unit is 33 foot and 50 when hitched to pick up.:winky:

Regards

Ant Debs

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Updated list - Sept 21st

Hilldweller--Dec
Keith--Dec
Us!-- Oct hopefully ( depends on NHS!)
Ant&Debs--Oct
Jackomet--Oct
Rayb182-- Dec
RoadRunner--?
Trevosky--?
NannyJan -- Oct hopefully!

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, I am hoping to follow earlier with Penelope Pitstop

Keep smiling ::bigsmile: NannyJan

Better by buying the high octane fuel - she got the name for a reason.

Keep the November drunken orgies low key will you, we Dec folk don't want to arrive to "We don't want no more steeeking drunken Engleeeeesh".

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Better by buying the high octane fuel - she got the name for a reason.

Keep the November drunken orgies low key will you, we Dec folk don't want to arrive to "We don't want no more steeeking drunken Engleeeeesh".

We're going to make sure they lock the gates when you're due to arrive!! We have our reputations to protect!:roflmto:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're going to make sure they lock the gates when you're due to arrive!! We have our reputations to protect!:roflmto:

Well what if I promise to knock on the gates legless and naked but for a pink thong ?

Surely I'd get an immediate "Hola, you must be weeeeeth Peeeetstop".

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Being as how Lincoln was so cold and wet and miserable there were a few funsters muttering about joining us in Spain!

So - are you coming or not?
Get your names on the list!!

Updated list - Sept 29th

Hilldweller (Brian and Dinah)--Dec
Keith (and Jean)--Dec
Us! ( Marie and Rex)-- Oct hopefully ( depends on NHS!)
Ant&Debs--Oct
Jackomet--Oct
Rayb182 ( Ray and Geri) - Dec
RoadRunner (John) --?
Trevosky--?
NannyJan -- Oct hopefully!
Blondi (Pete and Di) - end Jan / beg Feb
Bryan and Suzy - ASAP
Scotties (Richard and Gay) - - New Year?

Any more for any more????

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
It time to get serious on this one folks.

Our glorious leader Dame Penelope Pitstop OBE MBE BSc MA and Bar has declared this

THE MEET OF MEETS

No other meet in the History of FUN has attempted and offered SO MUCH.

The campsite is: http://www.campingpinarsanjose.com/

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...23046&t=h&z=16

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...,42.33,,0,9.47

€300 buys you A Whole Month of pitch, electricity, Wifi, UK TV and fabulous facilities. Partly designed by Dame Pitstop herself, allegedly when sober.

The site is family owned and run and they have listened to all PP's suggestions for attracting FUN people there in their quiet season. Hence the UK TV, lounge and hopefully the steamroom/sauna will be ready when we get there. The usual facilities, good supermarket, washers etc are established, the outdoor pool might be a bit empty. Dame PP has personally trained the owners to treat the British in the manner to which we are accustomed. She constantly reminds them that Trafalgar is a short walk from the campsite and that we British are not to be trifled with.

The position is about as far south as you can get without swimming so it's our best shot at a warm cheap winter.

To get there, go south.

The hilldwellers and Dame PP are booked on the Portsmouth/Plymouth Santander ferry. Then it's about 700 miles to the campsite. This ferry looks expensive at first glance, but it's very close to the real cost of Calais and the three or four day hike down France in the winter. It cuts out over 800 miles each way.

We are thinking of a longer way round for the return in 2011, into Portugal ( 100 miles ), up Portugal then across Green Spain on the old Santiago de Compostela pilgrims route back to Santander.

Any more information needed post here. If it's of an "adult" nature the PM Dame PP personally and she will no doubt be able to offer suggestions for your special needs.

The hilldwellers leave on Dec 15th, if anyone wants to tag along, speak up, it worked for The Italian Job.

Anyone wanting to go earlier the they may be able to follow Dame PP, at a suitable distance of course.

Frantically trying to make this meet. Think Im finally getting ontop of this monster machine....not tamed it yet but Im inside the cadge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back