LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sounds good - willl give a set a try at Peterborough - a lot cheaper than a new tyre

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
how secure are they?

They lock in place. You are supplied with a couple of keys for your keyrings. Once locked the out sleeve spins so they cannot be nicked.

Thanks I'll make that aspect plainer on the website:thumb:

I had something similar on my Smart that showed green by pressure when OK and red when they were below the pressure.. came from the people that did the anti puncture stuff so the tyres would not go down.. over 6 months all 4 were nicked.

So how sure can I be Jim that these will stay in place?

And also do I have to set the pressure or is it the pressure in the tyre that is recognised? i.e if I run 65psi o my fronts and 60 psi on my rear twins do I have to set anything?

If I want a set of 6 for the RV can I collect them at Peterborough?

Bob

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I had something similar on my Smart that showed green by pressure when OK and red when they were below the pressure.. came from the people that did the anti puncture stuff so the tyres would not go down.. over 6 months all 4 were nicked.

And also do I have to set the pressure or is it the pressure in the tyre that is recognised? i.e if I run 65psi o my fronts and 60 psi on my rear twins do I have to set anything?

If I want a set of 6 for the RV can I collect them at Peterborough?

Bob

Nothing to set, they self calibrate at whatever pressure is in the tyre when you install it. Pretty clever really.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
but can I order for collection at Peterborough

Nothing to set, they self calibrate at whatever pressure is in the tyre when you install it. Pretty clever really.

Great, but can I order and collect Peterborough... hate to give money to royal mail when I will be see Jim at the show.?????

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Great, but can I order and collect Peterborough... hate to give money to royal mail when I will be see Jim at the show.?????

Bob:Blush:

The OP says Jim is selling it at Peterborough:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Bob

If you do a search on that product that shows green yellow red you will see that it had/has terrible reviews and some claim it actually actually deflated tyres within a few hours of putting them on. ::bigsmile: This is nothing like those, its a precision bit of engineering. The threads are brass and HGVs in France and Germany have some millions of miles on them. Yes they are locked in place, you have a couple of keys on your key-rings to unlock them when you want to top up with air.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Sounds a great idea and we will be clicking on the buttons on your web site. We had inferior ones on the car but they were nicked by the local tosspots - I had to stop Howie as he was threatning to cut their hands off!

Kath & Howie

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
look the business,:thumb: always concerned about tyre pressures so just ordered a set. Thanks:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yes they are legal.

The product you kindly supplied a link to is a different/ very inferior product..

For a start they don't lock unless you want to pay a lot extra.

The batteries are not changeable, so it it was firing off for three weeks while you were away, you'd have to chuck it.

Also and most importantly in that inferior product the pressure is set from the very first time it is screwed onto a valve then it is set at that pressure forever (or until the battery runs out and you have to bin it) Whereas our product re-calibrates every time its screwed on so it can be used on different vehicles or if you want to change pressures then just do it and screw it back on. Impossible with the inferior product :thumb:

Covered all the questions ::bigsmile:.

Just reading your FAQ.. With my Pedants head on.

The device doesn't "pass a signal to the LED" it "activates the LED".

For some people little things like this grate :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
if its reliable, idiot friendly,and its not over the top price wise, then yoove just sold me ten of em, providing i dont all ready have them on the rv....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
survivor of the Dragons Den said:
If you do a search on that product that shows green yellow red you will see that it had/has terrible reviews and some claim it actually actually deflated tyres within a few hours of putting them on. This is nothing like those, its a precision bit of engineering. The threads are brass and HGVs in France and Germany have some millions of miles on them. Yes they are locked in place, you have a couple of keys on your key-rings to unlock them when you want to top up with air.

really like the idea of a flashing light.. Bloody excellent for motorhomes and caravans alike

But.........

I have been supplying the other type for 12 years now and had but one failure ( which turned out to be almost self inflicted ! )
I suspect there are more than one type available.. Fortunately we get ours from a known supplier of decent kit so that may well be why there have been no problems

One thing Jim.. having sold lord knows how many thousands of the 'other type' I reckon you are on to a right winner with them as the ones we do are immensely popular !

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Also a difference I noticed the non replaceable batteries do not warn you when getting low you have to remove cap to see if it flashes red
Mr Browns fancy superior version has a low battery YELLOW LED FLASHING warning :thumb:

The very best of luck with your new enterprise Jim your product looks to be a very useful safety feature that should do very well

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
really like the idea of a flashing light.. Bloody excellent for motorhomes and caravans alike

But.........

I have been supplying the other type for 12 years now and had but one failure ( which turned out to be almost self inflicted ! )
I suspect there are more than one type available.. Fortunately we get ours from a known supplier of decent kit so that may well be why there have been no problems

One thing Jim.. having sold lord knows how many thousands of the 'other type' I reckon you are on to a right winner with them as the ones we do are immensely popular !

PM me your number John, Ill give you a bell tomorrow:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
They lock in place. You are supplied with a couple of keys for your keyrings. Once locked the out sleeve spins so they cannot be nicked.

Thanks I'll make that aspect plainer on the website:thumb:

I think this should be in your FAQ.. Only had a brief look at the site but i didn't spot anything about it.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds like a great product Jim. Hope they go a storm. Anticipate placing an order shortly.

Good luck with the venture.

Mike

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looks good Jim and i will buy some but.....first i need to find where the air is going at the moment.

batteries wont last long with my current air loss :Doh:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi Jim....Q if one left van in storage for say a month or two in winter and lost presure set of led's how long would batteries last ? or do they need to be taken off when not in use?
dave

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
How do we select the low pressure or high pressure versions in the shop?

Am I missing something? :Smile:

Jim, I have placed my order and it is for the motorhome.

I didn't realise there are different pressure ones.

Can you check my order and make sure I receive the ones that fit a motorhome whatever pressure that may be. Ta

Lesley

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Just ordered a set Jim do the Tyres need to be at any particular pressure when fitting to valve.Regards Preston

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just ordered a set Jim do the Tyres need to be at any particular pressure when fitting to valve.Regards Preston

Yes its imperative that your tyres are at the correct pressure, look in your handbook or on the a Alco chassis etc, or at the least the reccomendations on the tyre sidewall.

Once you happy that the pressure is correct in a cold tyre, screw on the cap. It will then monitor the pressure and report via the flashing light if you drop more that a safe 4psi, great idea isn't it? :thumb:

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Great idea indeed Jim bit lazy so this will save me checking pressures every cut and turn( wife's instructions).Looking forward to fitting them ,then off to Italy in two weeks time.Thanks for your prompt reply.Regards Preston

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They will certainly make my pre journey safety "checks" a bit easier. I have a dangerous lack of knowledge in respect of tyre pressure etc.

Just need a device now to tell me my bike rack is hanging off its brackets:Doh:

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
I would like a set please Jim should be at Peterbourgh if Pats OK if not iwill have to pay postage Thanks

Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back