The Scottish Trip

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by chrisboyo, Nov 19, 2010.

1. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

With all these funsters off to warmer climes for the winter and me sat here with cold feet, I thought I would start planning our scottish trip for next year to cheer myself up.

So dear funsters, any suggestions for a route, sights not to be missed and places for overnights. we expect to be away for approx 5 weeks

Looking forward to Happy (warm) Daze

Chrisboyo

2. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Falkirk wheel??
    moray firth, to see the dolphins.
    Struggling now, from here it's the same mileage to southern france so guess which way we go :Rofl1:

cheers...nige

3. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

Same here, just as easy to cross the channel from south wales but SWMBO has spoken:Blush:

We will be going mid May to June

4. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Oh yes - the Falkirk Wheel's not to be missed. We stopped at Ullapool this year for a few days and it was a lovely spot, watching the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry to out to and come back from the islands twice a day. If you are going to the Moray Firth, the Black Isle is a lovely place to stay and I think they have a wildlife park and you can take a boat trip to see the dolphins up there. Also, this is an interesting bloke to see and he has some lovely objects for sale.

http://www.chainsawcreations.co.uk/

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Chris

On your way up once you cross border id turn left for dumfries and galloway before heading north as its one of the best areas and very quiet.

Then you could head up the west coast for a day trip id recommend going to the isle of cumbrae its like stepping back to the 70s we have taken the mh over and stayed for weekend no problem but at around £35 return for 4 mile crossing a day trip would do you.

After this id head up towards oban and if you really fancy it cross to barra and the outer hebrides i assure you you will love it then you could cross to ullapool or skye and do the highlands.

Hope this helps a little if you need any info just ask

Gerry

6. MisterED

MisterED Read Only Funster

Your trip

Hi Chris,

If you head up the East side Fife is a stunning area with Anstruther on the south and St Andrews to the East.

Heading north Dunnottar castle above the Mearns coastline is fine.

Wild camp in the Glens to the West at backwater, travel over the hills to Glenshee, Pitlochry and Braemar.

If you need a stop over in the area i have a 3 van drive with hookup and would be pleased to give you a free night or two.

Take Care
    Terry