The Rosabella II Hits The Road! (1 Viewer)

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Our beloved Rosabella had failed the MOT with four pages of faults, mainly to do with rust, and we'd decided that she'd come to the end of the road.

We hastily rearranged our October holiday and while we sat on the beach in France we started to plan her successor -
"I think we should try to get an old minibus - it'll have a high top and loads of windows, and would be fun to convert".
"Yeah, not too big though, and we don't need a shower or a loo or anything like that - we've never had them before and its been OK"
"Right, and we'll take our time, we've got all winter"
"Good, that's settled then"

So, we arrived home to my house in the early hours of Saturday and at about 10.30 set off for hers to feed the cat and sort out cars. On the way, we passed a van showing a 'For Sale' notice, in a front garden. When we stopped at the traffic lights for the roadworks I got out and asked her if she'd seen it. She hadn't, but she suggested we went and had a look - "might get some ideas," was what she said.

That's how, a couple of hours later, we were the owners of a five berth, left hand drive, 1989 FFB Europa on a Fiat Ducato, with a loo, shower, kitchen and a ladder on the back (I'd always wanted a ladder on the back - you could almost jump up to reach the roof of the old Rosabella!)

And we've just had our first weekend away in The Rosabella II. I managed to blow the fuses a couple of times, I still haven't worked out what all the switches do (we've never had a control board before and the instructions are all in German!), and we haven't tried the loo yet.

We can't get her in to the little nooks and crannies that we used to use on wild camping trips, and she's a bit more than our 'tent on wheels' principle used to allow - but I can't wait to get out again!!

The Rosabella II is go!

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Congrats on your new one !!!!!!!! :thumb:

Sounds like our first decent motorhome ( was a german Hobby 5 to 6 berth )
Do you have a long panel with two some meters on it as well as all the switches ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
lots of fun to come

Hiya, we wish you well with your new motorhome, what fun you`re going to have all that I wonder what this is for etc etc.

kls

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Shropshire hills
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
6 months! Acquired van in Jan 09
It's fab, been 'abroad' to Wales already on her maiden voyage, can't wait for 'oversees' - maybe May for the Moto GP, if we get the right spot we could sit on the roof to watch (if I'm brave enough to tackle the ladder!)

Roll on travels........

oh yes, we are doing lots of...'I wonder what that does!'

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its got a shower! :Sad: So no more prizes for you in the Funster photo competition:roflmto: Congrats:thumb:

Kay_217.jpg

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done and welcome back... You know it makes sense...

These days nearly all my decisions are taken after a "sign" of some sort shows me the way...

I remember the day my mate Mick told me he had a leak in his water heater and I said...

"I'll ask for help on that MotorHome Fun website and see what happens..."

The rest, as they say, is history...

Enjoy.

JJ

ps... I too always wanted a ladder to the roof...

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
JIM thats not fair bringing that photo up again !!:RollEyes:
Hope you have many happy travels in your new MH. You wont know what to do with all the space . Hot water and a loo , i dont know , :winky:

You look as though you had a good time on the first trip. ( blog )
Cant wait to do Wales in our MH . I just love our countryside , all year round.

kls

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Shropshire hills
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Life on the road will never be the same again; indoor showers AND the complete total and utter camera ban. You'll have to get your kicks somewhere else now Jim but thanks for reminding everyone of 'that' picture (I'll never live it down!)

I wouldn't mind but it's hardly a page 3. I reckon this additional coverage is well worth another prize voucher (at least). Maybe I'll start a campaign - if only for the massive sympathy vote I'm bound to attract.

love you lots Jim (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):Angry:

kls

kls

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Shropshire hills
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
JIM thats not fair bringing that photo up again !!:RollEyes:
Hope you have many happy travels in your new MH. You wont know what to do with all the space . Hot water and a loo , i dont know , :winky:

You look as though you had a good time on the first trip. ( blog )
Cant wait to do Wales in our MH . I just love our countryside , all year round.

No it's not fair is it - I'm forming a group for retribution. Want to join?!

OP
OP
TDH

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Life on the road will never be the same again; indoor showers AND the complete total and utter camera ban.

Good job I already got that shot of you in your winciette jim-jams then. The one that's in the album called The Rosabella II, that people won't now go and have a look at!! :ROFLMAO:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Congrats on your new purchase and wishing you lots of happy travelling.

Dale & Family

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Same here! We can't all afford posh wheels but I think even if I could, I'd be terrified of driving something that cost more than our house did! Some of the big'uns must be a nightmare to manouvre! All I have to watch is height barriers as we are 8ft high, but we can park in the same space as a fiesta!

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
Our beloved Rosabella had failed the MOT with four pages of faults, mainly to do with rust, and we'd decided that she'd come to the end of the road.

We hastily rearranged our October holiday and while we sat on the beach in France we started to plan her successor -
"I think we should try to get an old minibus - it'll have a high top and loads of windows, and would be fun to convert".
"Yeah, not too big though, and we don't need a shower or a loo or anything like that - we've never had them before and its been OK"
"Right, and we'll take our time, we've got all winter"
"Good, that's settled then"

So, we arrived home to my house in the early hours of Saturday and at about 10.30 set off for hers to feed the cat and sort out cars. On the way, we passed a van showing a 'For Sale' notice, in a front garden. When we stopped at the traffic lights for the roadworks I got out and asked her if she'd seen it. She hadn't, but she suggested we went and had a look - "might get some ideas," was what she said.

That's how, a couple of hours later, we were the owners of a five berth, left hand drive, 1989 FFB Europa on a Fiat Ducato, with a loo, shower, kitchen and a ladder on the back (I'd always wanted a ladder on the back - you could almost jump up to reach the roof of the old Rosabella!)

And we've just had our first weekend away in The Rosabella II. I managed to blow the fuses a couple of times, I still haven't worked out what all the switches do (we've never had a control board before and the instructions are all in German!), and we haven't tried the loo yet.

We can't get her in to the little nooks and crannies that we used to use on wild camping trips, and she's a bit more than our 'tent on wheels' principle used to allow - but I can't wait to get out again!!

The Rosabella II is go!

I have so enjoyed your blogs of your trips around with the old Rosabella and I am so glad you have found a new one, if a little different.
Great keep enjoing it.:thumb:

Harry::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes, thanks, that's more or less it - another window in the luton, and no decals, otherwise very similar - there's a photo in the album on here and in our blog (link below).

"If it looks right it is right" and that looks right, functional and solid, it's only the headlights that gives it's age away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back