The rat will not go in the trap (1 Viewer)

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
the rat will not go into the trap

We have one of those electronic traps, haven't caught any rats but over the last few months have caught 17 mice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi bob I have been assured that they like peanut butter and I know they like choccy so perhaps nuttela may well be a good combo bait :thumb:Mate says spray trap with mild bleach solution let dry then bait and wait.The bleach kills the smell of humans apparently-Never had a problem when I was a young un the rats in the chicken shed practically jumped out in front of air riffle and bow and arrow come dusk-we got hundreds from the farm next door to dads allotment ::bigsmile:They were too quick for the dog in such a confined space but let them stray into the open and the dog could dispatch 3 or 4 in as many seconds :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Roland is still alive

Having sat her with the sliding door open all afternoon.. following a phone call from next door to say Roland was on the trellis work between our fences (she is 6' lower than we are down the hill) I got the rifle out and rested the cushion on the table and settled down to wait..... and wait.. and wait... after 3 hours, freezing cold I have given up for the day.. so he lives one day longer.

Bob:Blush:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Having sat her with the sliding door open all afternoon.. following a phone call from next door to say Roland was on the trellis work between our fences (she is 6' lower than we are down the hill) I got the rifle out and rested the cushion on the table and settled down to wait..... and wait.. and wait... after 3 hours, freezing cold I have given up for the day.. so he lives one day longer.

this couldnt be happening could it bob just think ratz not cuddly pandis you just gotta smile :thumb:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Thpz4OEvk[/ame]

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Roland still lives

Roland the Rat as he has been named still lives.. I have not seen him since I fired the .22 across his head .. did I aim or did I miss:Blush: .. well he certainly.. mind you it could be a she.. run off and has not come back again.

The Rat trap is still in use.. often set off and the food has been nicked .. mars bar yesterday..

But as and when and if he comes back I will report... hardly used the air rifle yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back