The Range-Plymouth.Electric Bike (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

I appreciate that this message is Plymouth (and surrounding area) but it would be remiss of me to not bring it to peoples notice.

A couple of weeks ago me and SWMBO went to The Range at Plymouth to have a look at their Electric Bike. When we got there we discovered that they didn't stock them as it is one of their smaller stores.
However, their very nice manager Keith organised for one to be delivered so that we could see one (nearest stocking store Exeter)

Today we went back and had a look at it and I have to say it's an impressive beast. Mary was a little intimidated by it because it's a fair size, very well made, solid and reminiscent of the bikes ridden by our Dutch counterparts. In the end we didn't buy it.

So, if there's someone out there in the Plymouth area who wants to see The Range's Electric Bike, up close and personal, there's one at their Plymouth Store. I'd suggest giving them a ring first because at £500 it won't be there long.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
£500 is very cheap for an electric bike and, without meaning to use a pun "range" could well be the issue but like satnavs cheap Chinese versions could still work fine. It could be a bargain but I'd want to read a test first.

Despite living only a few miles from the place I don't go there often. Perhaps the owner's Bentley with its "delboy" registration puts me off or when I wanted a VAT receipt for something I bought there the tills couldn't provide one and I had to contact their head office by telephone to request one. Very odd.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Greetings,

I appreciate that this message is Plymouth (and surrounding area) but it would be remiss of me to not bring it to peoples notice.

That looks a real bargain. 36V battery though the Ah is not stated.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/silent-force-sfg-0103-£500.17065/

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

I now see it's 10Ah, which is pretty normal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings Devonbeekeeper,

The spec as written is impressive (as was the weight and general feel of solidity when I picked it up) That's what put the Mrs off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back