Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
We finally managed a weekend away after my months of dizziness and illness and it wasn't too bad once we reached the top of Man Tor. My wife certainly chucked me in at the deep end.A few dizzy moments but nothing on the scale that it was.( I had labrinthitus for those who didn't know) We stayed at Castleton ccs and what a beautiful place the village is. Anyhow getting back to the subject of the posy drive screw. Whilst having my daily sit down in the ablutions block i was wondering what on earth the fella in the next stool was doing as i could hear a tapping noise when suddenly a pozy drive screw appeared under the partition and soon after it a hand to retrieve it.I did actually think about stamping on it.Then the cistern flushed the door opened and i heard the main door open and shut.Curiosity killed the cat and i had to have a look as i had a feeling about what had gone on.I finished my sit down and had a gander in the next cubicle and sure enough who ever it was had stolen not one but two coat hooks off the back of the door:Eeek:. What sort of sad person is it that goes around doing this sort of thing? I was quite amused by it really and was wondering if they were fitted into a motorhome/ caravan before they left or would they stash them up in fear of a complete search of the site :ROFLMAO:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
And next time that thieving ***** stays there he will wonder why it has gone up £2 a night, stealing is just that chop his hands off that they tell me cures them :thumb:

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Metal theft? :Doh:

Labyrinthitis !!!! One of the worst things I've ever had in my life. Pleased you're better. I had mine about 3 years ago after a heatwave in Turkey and a turbulent flight home. Still get the odd dizzy few seconds.

Re theft, we were in a charity shop on the weekend, I politely advised the older ladies that the cup and the dice out of the £3.00 !!! second-hand Yahtzee set was missing........... stolen !!! Some folks are either very ignorant or very poor :Sad:

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
You should have stamped on it. Selfish people spoil it for everyone else, got no time for them :shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Labyrinthitis !!!! One of the worst things I've ever had in my life. Pleased you're better. I had mine about 3 years ago after a heatwave in Turkey and a turbulent flight home. Still get the odd dizzy few seconds.

Re theft, we were in a charity shop on the weekend, I politely advised the older ladies that the cup and the dice out of the £3.00 !!! second-hand Yahtzee set was missing........... stolen !!! Some folks are either very ignorant or very poor :Sad:

Had it 2 years ago, visit to A&E as I thought I was having a stroke. Not nice at all, and took quite a while to recover. It was caused apparently by a virus.

hope you are okay now?

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Had it 2 years ago, visit to A&E as I thought I was having a stroke. Not nice at all, and took quite a while to recover. It was caused apparently by a virus.

hope you are okay now?

Had a couple of spells this weekend but much better thanks. Its been with me since mid November

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Perhaps he just wanted a screw:winky:

Re your health problems. I had labyrinthitis a few years ago. It was awful. I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the bathroom. Any attempt at standing just ended with me collapsing. Since that first attack I have had a couple of others which were downgraded to vertigo. Not quite as bad but very unpleasant nevertheless.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We finally managed a weekend away after my months of dizziness and illness and it wasn't too bad once we reached the top of Man Tor. My wife certainly chucked me in at the deep end.A few dizzy moments but nothing on the scale that it was.( I had labrinthitus for those who didn't know) We stayed at Castleton ccs and what a beautiful place the village is. Anyhow getting back to the subject of the posy drive screw. Whilst having my daily sit down in the ablutions block i was wondering what on earth the fella in the next stool was doing as i could hear a tapping noise when suddenly a pozy drive screw appeared under the partition and soon after it a hand to retrieve it.I did actually think about stamping on it.Then the cistern flushed the door opened and i heard the main door open and shut.Curiosity killed the cat and i had to have a look as i had a feeling about what had gone on.I finished my sit down and had a gander in the next cubicle and sure enough who ever it was had stolen not one but two coat hooks off the back of the door:Eeek:. What sort of sad person is it that goes around doing this sort of thing? I was quite amused by it really and was wondering if they were fitted into a motorhome/ caravan before they left or would they stash them up in fear of a complete search of the site :ROFLMAO:

Feel for you DAVEO my wife has had labs for 5 years now. Not very pleasant ..BUSBY:Sad:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Stealing not just the hook but the fixing screws as well! You have to hand it to him for lateral thinking. I have rarely come across campsite showers with enough hooks in the shower for all your clothes. Now I know the answer, take your own hooks and remove them afterwards. Which may explain this event, it wasn't theft, he was simply retrieving a hook he had fixed earlier in order to have a proper shower where nothing got wet.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning

Daveo I went in the same loos the next day and the owner was fixing a couple of strong adhesive backed coat hooks to replace the metal ones HE had removed the previous day!

Only joking:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back