The pozy drive screw.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Daveo2006, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

We finally managed a weekend away after my months of dizziness and illness and it wasn't too bad once we reached the top of Man Tor. My wife certainly chucked me in at the deep end.A few dizzy moments but nothing on the scale that it was.( I had labrinthitus for those who didn't know) We stayed at Castleton ccs and what a beautiful place the village is. Anyhow getting back to the subject of the posy drive screw. Whilst having my daily sit down in the ablutions block i was wondering what on earth the fella in the next stool was doing as i could hear a tapping noise when suddenly a pozy drive screw appeared under the partition and soon after it a hand to retrieve it.I did actually think about stamping on it.Then the cistern flushed the door opened and i heard the main door open and shut.Curiosity killed the cat and i had to have a look as i had a feeling about what had gone on.I finished my sit down and had a gander in the next cubicle and sure enough who ever it was had stolen not one but two coat hooks off the back of the door:Eeek:. What sort of sad person is it that goes around doing this sort of thing? I was quite amused by it really and was wondering if they were fitted into a motorhome/ caravan before they left or would they stash them up in fear of a complete search of the site :Rofl1:

2. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

Metal theft? :Doh:

3. Daveo2006

Premeditated metal theft :Eeek:

4. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

And next time that thieving ***** stays there he will wonder why it has gone up £2 a night, stealing is just that chop his hands off that they tell me cures them :thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  5. snowdrops

snowdrops Funster Life Member

Labyrinthitis !!!! One of the worst things I've ever had in my life. Pleased you're better. I had mine about 3 years ago after a heatwave in Turkey and a turbulent flight home. Still get the odd dizzy few seconds.

Re theft, we were in a charity shop on the weekend, I politely advised the older ladies that the cup and the dice out of the £3.00 !!! second-hand Yahtzee set was missing........... stolen !!! Some folks are either very ignorant or very poor :Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  6. taffybloke

taffybloke Funster

You should have stamped on it. Selfish people spoil it for everyone else, got no time for them :shout:

• Like Like x 3
  7. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Just why would anyone bother for just the cost of a couple of hooks?

Wyn

8. Daveo2006

This was exactly my thoughts.I took my new fridge vent covers off :Rofl1:

9. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Are you Pozi it wernt a Philips :Laughing:

• Like Like x 3
  10. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

PMT an known killer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. durhamahoy

durhamahoy Funster

Had it 2 years ago, visit to A&E as I thought I was having a stroke. Not nice at all, and took quite a while to recover. It was caused apparently by a virus.

hope you are okay now?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daveo2006

Had a couple of spells this weekend but much better thanks. Its been with me since mid November

13. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Perhaps he just wanted a screw:Wink:

Re your health problems. I had labyrinthitis a few years ago. It was awful. I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the bathroom. Any attempt at standing just ended with me collapsing. Since that first attack I have had a couple of others which were downgraded to vertigo. Not quite as bad but very unpleasant nevertheless.

14. busby

busby Funster

Feel for you DAVEO my wife has had labs for 5 years now. Not very pleasant ..BUSBY:Sad:

15. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Stealing not just the hook but the fixing screws as well! You have to hand it to him for lateral thinking. I have rarely come across campsite showers with enough hooks in the shower for all your clothes. Now I know the answer, take your own hooks and remove them afterwards. Which may explain this event, it wasn't theft, he was simply retrieving a hook he had fixed earlier in order to have a proper shower where nothing got wet.

16. MuddyPuddle

MuddyPuddle Funster

Daveo I went in the same loos the next day and the owner was fixing a couple of strong adhesive backed coat hooks to replace the metal ones HE had removed the previous day!

Only joking:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1