The Portimao Marina Parking Place... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As reported elsewhere I am parking next to the marina in the Algarve resort town of Portimao...

While I classify it as "off site" camping (I hate the term "wild camping") it really is in between a campsite and a genuine "off site" park up. Rather than ban motorhomers parking here the authorities have allowed it and charge €1 a day. For this you get a man on the gate and a place to empty your loo.

There is no water, not electricity and no rules about coming and going, noise, gennies etc etc.

The word is that it has been so successful they are planning a shower block and water point and putting the price up to €2.50.

The general feeling is that that is the highest the current occupants will go to... more than that and they will leave.

So... Tavira have moved all motorhomes off their area, Vila Real still allow them, Castro Marim encourage them with a service point (free to use), Silves are very happy to allow motorhomes and Portimao now make some cash out of them...

Here are some photos to go with the "Solex Sunshine" thread I posted yesterday...

JJ

PS. Notice I am not on the tarmac area... ajacent to it is a huge non tarmac piece of land...

Attachments

• portimao 7.jpg
    portimao 7.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 168
  • portimao 4.jpg
    portimao 4.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 164
  • portimao 6.jpg
    portimao 6.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 167
  • portimao 2.jpg
    portimao 2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 169

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As reported elsewhere I am parking next to the marina in the Algarve resort town of Portimao....

Do you see signs for the new(ish) race track ? It seems to be miles inland to me.

Lovely circuit I fancy a visit some time but there are only two events a year I'm interested in.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not seen any signs yet Brian but then Portugal isn't the best at signage IMO. I know it is somewhere 'cos I have heard speak of it... will keep my eyes open and report back as and when... wonder what time Solly the Solex could do a lap of the circuit in...:ROFLMAO:

JJ

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
wonder what time Solly the Solex could do a lap of the circuit in...:ROFLMAO:

JJ

Are Jewish Solexes common ? Have the right bits been snipped off ?

About two days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andley

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Static
Exp
Campsite owner
keep safe

hi jim

keep safe mate, for a bit more you can stay with us, as much water as you like, dump waste, in the rural rustic country side, free taxi to village, 5 mins from Alvor, 24 hr security, themed feist night fortnighly ie chineese, cury etc, we are relly trying. give us another visit. x x

Safe travelling JJ
Lesley & Andrew

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
hi jim

keep safe mate, for a bit more you can stay with us, as much water as you like, dump waste, in the rural rustic country side, free taxi to village, 5 mins from Alvor, 24 hr security, themed feist night fortnighly ie chineese, cury etc, we are relly trying. give us another visit. x x

Safe travelling JJ
Lesley & Andrew

Sorry to point some reality to you BUT this was posted ...a Year ago ::bigsmile: I can assure you JJ got safely to his place in the meantime ... and even found a frog on its way to 2012....:Blush:

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

majo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Hi
The Autodromo race circuit is about 10km N of Odiaxere.
From Portamao travel W on the EN125 towards Lagos, at the first rounabout after joining the 125 turn right, pass under the now tolled A22 and continue for about 8kms, you can't miss it. Incidentally looked at Portamao aire and thought Silves was far superior.
Majo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A cunning plan to revive a thread for information delivery me thinks...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :winky:

JJ :Cool:

noooooooo.. how could you even think that JJ .. :winky:

you ol' cynic you :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back