Durham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2004
Hello all'
We just researching getting 'a big one' and have read about the new Thor ACE
Its a 29.7 ft A class, any info or feed back would be gratefully accepted. We've been
motorhomers for 8years and have always enjoyed our tag axle autotrails but we've had the yearning for a couple of years now Help!!!!:shout::shout:
El&Tel

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
looks like a nice rig
will no doubt drink petrol but thats how it is with these RV's you gain space but you gotta lose somewhere.

at 29.7ft you will be borderline on most commercial / club sites in the uk as they seem to like motorhomes under the 28 ft mark but i don't suppose many would notice an extra foot or 2 and its unlikely they will get a tape measure out.

the only thing really that is overlooked is if its over 7.5 ton you need to have taken your lorry driving test although you probably already know this.

good luck

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Signature motorhomes in Wolverhampton stock new Thor RV's, I think most are supplied with LPG conversion (20+mpg?)
Buy a copy of the Big Pitch Guide for hundreds of UK sites suitable for RV's, we bought our 34' Windsport 18 months ago and have never struggled to find a site with the BPG near to were we have wanted to go

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

ellen

Free Member
Apr 10, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2004
Yeah we,ve snook onto sites that state 26ft and under!!!! with our Cheyenne, nobody
measured us yet:winky: We are looking at the Thor with the gas conversion as we do travel
around France regularly. Terry does have a HGV licence but not me.
Signature motorhomes have been very helpfull, we,re going to visit them this week, we,ve
got a list of questions and querries on 4 sides of A4:Eeek:

Its all a learning and exciting experience:Smile:
P.S. The big pitch guide is excellent been using it for afew years with the tag axel,s
but i do need to update my membership.

Watch this space!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back