Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
:france:

Travelling through France at the moment and we are impressed at the positive response we get from French Motorhomers when giving them a wave, in fact a lot wave to us first, can't say that for some other nationalities we pass.

Nigel and Pamala - Parc Verger, Limousin, France

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we often wave but mostly we are ignored

I do not know if it is the fact Sue is in the suicide seat (curb seat in France) that they cannot see her, but we have waved.. but mostly we are ignored.

We have not been waved at very often... normally us doing it.

Bob:Sad:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have to admit. I wave quite a bit, or at least every time I see a MH . I am also guilty of waving at g4 vans etc. it costs nothing and its a bit of fun. I only wave when safe to do so before I get any lectures. I'll continue to wave even though some others don't.

:thumb::Smile:

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We always wave when we see a mh coming, it adds a bit of excitement to the journey. The majority of them will wave back, however, we waved at someone one day last week on the A75 and he didn't wave back:Blush:
He looked a real grump, think he might have been driving a Burstner though:winky::roflmto: (only joking):RollEyes:
So even when someone doesn't wave back, we will always wave to other mh drivers:thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Very interesting post, thanks it jogs memories.
About 15 years ago when we first started to tour France my wife was amazed the French motorhomers wouldn't wave. She then decided to frantically wave at every oncomer that appeared to be a motorhome even though some were either minibuses or bread vans.
To this day she thinks, and don't spoil her dreams, that she started the French wave thing.
We are off to France again in two weeks for 9 weeks so no doubt I will be reminded of her first wave to a Frenchman/woman in a motorhome, breadvan or minibus, bless her.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back