Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, anyone joined the above club?
Having just acquired our first MH and looking to make our first trip out in it later on this week, we have been looking at some places to go.
Not keen on staying on bigger sites, as prefer the quieter smaller set ups, plus we intend to do some wilding. So, although the CC and C&CC no doubt have benefits, the MCC looks like it caters for the smaller type sites.
Just interested in people's views who have probably joined or used the sites.
What other benefits do they offer, and is it still worth joining the CC and C& CC ?
Many thanks.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
The MCC attend a few of the motorhome shows and you can join there or turn up at on of the rallies I've been in for a while and cherry pick rallies and holiday rallies

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Picking up in this old thread. You can now join online. Have only been to one meet and that was very friendly. Going to try To do more this year. have decided to ditch the other 2 clubs too. Haven offer sounds good. Might even do some fun Meets too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Thing I like about the MCC is that whichever area you go to always made welcome, normally based near a bus stop. Join in or not no one bothers.

A bit expensive, but they do pick some interesting venues. Also as said previously, you get some cheap deals with Haven. Porthmadog last year five days midweek either electric hook up £30.00

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dropped out last September when my membership was due, could not be bothered with writing a Cheque and posting when you can do almost everything else with a click on the PC. I was always quite active on their forums and was Admin on the Facebook group.. It frustrated me that they could not sort out "technology" like online joining, I am no expert but I could have set that up in 48 hours...

Anyway, seem's the are part way there. You can join online as I did in April BUT the Direct debit form came in the post a few days later as there was "issues with the website".
As mentioned some good rally locations, that may change with the 6mtr rule being adopted officially as some will no longer be suitable. One of the big attractions was that most rally's you did not have to book, just turn up.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We joined the MCC last year and enjoyed their rallies and the fact that you could just turn up, we have found that seems to of changed now they have implemented the 6 metre rule.
Most of the rallies are now fully booked or "Bookable" in advance which is not always our way of planning so we are not renewing our membership this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
From what I have read in the newsletter is that this year pre booking will be required at several rallies due to the 6 mtr rule being enforced after the event was booked.
Obviously this will be taken into account for venues next year as they will be required to have enough space for the usual numbers that arrive.
For us the bigger spacing is a good thing as one event we went to you could open any window and touch the adjacent Moho,s. We only stayed one night as there was no room to get the chairs out or have a barbecue.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am very happy with "FUN" which is so successful it has become necessary to book up in advance.... just imagine if we all just turned up to a rally!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back