DUKEMAN358

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
HAMPSHIRE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
:Smile: So after a few false starts, I finally collected the new toy from sunny, or not so, Huddersfield on Friday. Just in time to fight my way darn Sarf in amongst the usual national weekly migration!

A couple of bonuses I was not aware of, it is fitted with a sat nav, bbq gas point and aerial plug socket on the outside:thumb:

So set the sat nav for home...wrong, still got the prevous owners 'home' plumbed in! Off we go across country to get the touring feel until the M1. Drives quite well but was rather buffeted in the strong winds especially when overtaking trucks! Usual idiots encountered, pulling in fron and making you overtake burning up more fuel, you pull back in and then they do the right thing and **** off up the road:Angry:

So eventually get home and now can't wait to get it out and stay in it. Ripped the garage apart looking for any bits left over from our caravaning days but apart from a few gas regulators, some tubing there is nothing left. Got to start over will all the little bits that you need when on site to make life easier, trouble is what are they?

Need to make a list:

• Television , ages since I had a 12v one but boy they seem a bit pricey, Avtex, Meos? Which is recommended?
  • Plug thing to plug the hook up in to the garage when it is on the drive.
  • Plastic buckets to transport dishes etc to and from the wash area, use for waste in winter etc
  • Plates & untensils, I'm sure we had them plastic type ones??
  • Hoses to extend the waste water to the emptying point
  • Got level ramps and window cover and airtex groundsheet
  • Must get a new fire extinguisher and blanket
  • Low wattage kettle
Owt else?

I'll post a few pictures when we actually do get it used eventually:RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Exciting times. ::bigsmile: Camp on for drive for the weekend, you'll make loads of trips into the house for things like salt, teaspoons, coffee, towels, corkscrew etc etc, pretty soon you'll be good to go:thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
You seem to have forgotten the most important items............

Wine
Beer
Wine
Beer

You get the idea now:wine::drink::drink::beer: & don't forget the glasses

Oh yes and good luck with the new van.... hope to see you around:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Need to make a list:

• Television , ages since I had a 12v one but boy they seem a bit pricey, Avtex, Meos? Which is recommended?
  • Plug thing to plug the hook up in to the garage when it is on the drive.
  • Plastic buckets to transport dishes etc to and from the wash area, use for waste in winter etc
  • Plates & untensils, I'm sure we had them plastic type ones??
  • Hoses to extend the waste water to the emptying point
  • Got level ramps and window cover and airtex groundsheet
  • Must get a new fire extinguisher and blanket
  • Low wattage kettle
Owt else?

I'll post a few pictures when we actually do get it used eventually:RollEyes:

Congrats on new van, seems your enjoying it already :thumb:

As to the list you know where to look with Funsters 10% discount:cry:

Peter

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Carbon monoxide detector?
Basic first aid kit.

My daughter and her husband bought a caravan this year and she found the "flexible" buckets type things (I'm so good with descriptions!) Like this: Link Removed

useful for laundry/washing-up / kids toys.

Enjoy your adventures!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Fresh water filling hose, and a watering can for filling when you are too far away from the tap and or too lazy to drive to it ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
well done at getting your first MH
hope you enjoy it as much as we do our RV

hope you can meet up at one the season events :thumb:

yours
Ian & Carole

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Televisions........

avtex, meos etc are very good quality and viewing angles but you still watch the same programs as a cheap supermarket TV at a fraction of the price....15"/17" for around £100 usually with a DVD player inbuilt.

any LED/LCD TV will work on 12v if it has a black box built into the 230v power lead, the box is a 230v to 12v power transformer.

my 22.5" full HD LCD jobby is 230v/12v and has DVD, USB and a CD reader.....£235.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Televisions........

avtex, meos etc are very good quality and viewing angles but you still watch the same programs as a cheap supermarket TV at a fraction of the price....15"/17" for around £100 usually with a DVD player inbuilt.

any LED/LCD TV will work on 12v if it has a black box built into the 230v power lead, the box is a 230v to 12v power transformer.

my 22.5" full HD LCD jobby is 230v/12v and has DVD, USB and a CD reader.....£235.

Only thing I would add to that (if you are tempted by wild camping or use of generator) is a voltage stabiliser such as amperor or similar. This will remove the risk of voltage spikes damaging the set, and are only around £30. They replace the power lead to the set allow direct 12v plug in.

They give just as much functionality as the expensive camping ones, tv/dvd/comp monitor etc but can the sought for around £100 upwards for a 15".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back