The most boring book ever with Motorhome in the title? (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
As a Xmas present, my son gave us a book titled Two Old Farts and a Motorhome!!

Guilty as charged but he really ought to have read the Amazon reviews first xroll:

It has very little to do with motorhomes and the author (female) can't write for toffee. How it ever got published is a mystery. She uses ridiculously fussy, overly descriptive writing in an effort to fill a page with the likes of "we went to a local restaurant for dinner" (who cares). It's entertaining only in the sense that Brian reads it out loud to me and we guffaw at how stupid it is.

@ianthebuilder get yourself a ghost writer quick....you'll make a fortune.

@MinxyGirl I wouldn't dream of telling my son this book is anything but fantastic :xwink:

And on a selfish note, thankfully this wasn't the only present my son gave me :xgrin:

Happy New Year to all

Karen

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Loads of these sort of books about, same as the ones about buying properties in France, Spain and the like, always falling down and dubious builders and farmers about, once you've read one you have read them all:xsmile:

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years

Guilty as charged but he really ought to have read the Amazon reviews first xroll:

It has very little to do with motorhomes and the author (female) can't write for toffee. How it ever got published is a mystery. She uses ridiculously fussy, overly descriptive writing in an effort to fill a page with the likes of "we went to a local restaurant for dinner" (who cares). It's entertaining only in the sense that Brian reads it out loud to me and we guffaw at how stupid it is.

@MinxyGirl I wouldn't dream of telling my son this book is anything but fantastic :xwink:

And on a selfish note, thankfully this wasn't the only present my son gave me :xgrin:

Happy New Year to all

Karen
When it came out, I thought it absolutely dreadful and wrote a review saying so on Amazon. What followed went on for months, rambling personal abuse from the writer and the writer's friends and family. The book really is nonsense, if I remember rightly, things like, we got stuck taking the van up a mountain, then a few pages later they did it again same van, same incident but different mountain.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Years ago my Gran gave my brother a book for his birthday.
'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.
He was always ridding & playing with motorbikes one way or another!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
They should have stuck with the first 3 words in the title.....just about summed it up. Fortunately the kindle version was cheap as I remember.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Not quite complying with the title, but I downloaded "The Fulltimers" following info on the web that it was "free". What a waste of money! :rolleyes:

Fortunately my review on Amazon did not attract the problems faced by @kglblue

Many blogs which I have read are far, far better - Gordon

Deleted User
I think we have this on kindle, can't recall the content...looks like one of us is going to have to revisit it, I'm intrigued now :)
Think it was either a freebie or very cheap though.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"

Happy New Year to all

Karen

Our Daughter bought it for my Birthday last year - Totally booooorrrrriiiiiiing! :sleep:

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
LOL well I won't be reading it! If we get really stuck for something to do, Brian can read a few more excerpts so we can have a laugh. So it is humorous but not in the way the writer intended.

The motorhome present thing....we've had the campervan recipe book (x2), campervan tea towels, a campervan tray etc etc most of these things come in handy. And the R/C VW Camper is great fun.

Karen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back