The Moroccan Job 2009 (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Updated the blog now... sorry about the formatting... a conflict between Google and MS i feel

Nice blog Bob... well done.. brings back a lot of great memories.. :thumb:

Jim

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
HOME ::bigsmile:

or is that :cry: ???

7 weeks, 5000 miles - as Ray said "this is not a holiday it is an adventure". True enough.

Now for a holiday to recover.

Harvey the Burstner thinks so too - pushed way beyond any motorhome should be pushed and never missed a beat. Nice one Burstner, nice one Fiat.

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
Glad you arrived home safely Brian... and you are right we now need a holiday.... we too had no problems in our 1999 Hymer.....

Still trying to sift through the photos and stitch some of the panoramas together....will update a link once done.... maybe by the end of the weekend...

Now back to work for that rest I need:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Hilldweller………”Best bits - too many to log them. Though hearing that Quadman Ray got lost in the dunes on his new toy the Yamaha 750 quad bike, was big grin time”..........

Lost!!!....................Me lost !!!!!

Temporarily disorientated following an inadvertent mishap [stuck] on top of a dune.....:Doh:

Ray

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi

Just read your blog and looked at your wonderful photos, really pleased that you had a great time in Morocco.

Regards Pat

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hilldweller………”Best bits - too many to log them. Though hearing that Quadman Ray got lost in the dunes on his new toy the Yamaha 750 quad bike, was big grin time”..........
Lost!!!....................Me lost !!!!!
Temporarily disorientated following an inadvertent mishap [stuck] on top of a dune.....:Doh:
Ray

Swap it for a Camel. It won't get lost and you won't have to do Evil Knievil impressions getting it into the trailor. No only that, when you've not got Debbie with you... No better not go down that route.

hobbyda

Free Member
Mar 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
25 years
Brilliant blog!! and we loved the photos Bob, brought back all sorts of recent memories!!
Was Evil Knievil really in the dessert or was it just a mirage?
The tour was beyond our wildest dreams!! and worth every brass cent (after all we are now poor! pensioners) Now saving up for the "Discovery Tour" in 2013 if we get an invite?

Dennis and Andrea

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
Brilliant blog!! and we loved the photos Bob, brought back all sorts of recent memories!!
Was Evil Knievil really in the dessert or was it just a mirage?
The tour was beyond our wildest dreams!! and worth every brass cent (after all we are now poor! pensioners) Now saving up for the "Discovery Tour" in 2013 if we get an invite?

Dennis and Andrea

I agree it was worth every penny... Ray and Debbie's love for Morocco shone through every day... Yes we could have done the trip on our own but I am sure we would not have had so much fun and missed out loads of sights Ray introduced us to.

The two girls loved it too... Chloe has written in her diary it was an experience she will never forget...

We are aiming to be on the September 2013 discovery tour....albeit the girls probably won't be with us that time due to schooling....

Almost finished sifting through the photos and will supply a link when done...

Bob and June

PS I am sure Evil Knievil was there.... for a few minutes anyway

Last edited:

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
At last managed to get some phots up on Google...

Link Removed

ant & Linds

Free Member
Mar 10, 2009
Selby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Wonderful memories of Morocco

Your photo's and Blog are geat Bob, Glad to hear everyone has managed to get home or are all safe in Europe. We will never forget our wonderful honeymoon in Morocco or the new friends we have made. I am now back at work and busy preparing for our family/ friends wedding party this weekend. we have managed to keep this wedding celebtration go for nearly 2 months.
I have also finished and Am about to mail out the spreadsheet as promised. A hard copy will also be posted out to those addresses I have just in case I have the info wrong

::bigsmile: Lindsay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back