The Miracle of Rock Salt

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Forestboy, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Last week at a campsite in the alps a van opposite us was well and truly stuck in thick ice and snow. The French family mum dad and son spent at least 30 minutes trying to escape their predicament but to no avail. They had a brand new set of snow chains that had obviously never been fitted and despite several efforts they couldn't fit them on. As usual they had acquired a nice crowd of onlookers and helpers all shouting and waving their arms but the van still refused to budge.
    Eventually I went over with my £1 tub of Lidls best rock salt and spread some on the ground in front of the tyres and rubbed some over the tyres which were nice and warm from spinning. Then I told the guy to gently drive forward and Voila the van drove straight out. :Rofl1::Rofl1:
    I picked up my tub of salt and swaggered away to looks of disbelief and open mouths. :Cool::Cool:

• Like Like x 18
  2. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Rock Salt Rocks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

Blimey!
    When away in the winter I pack what I think is all I need to cope with the snow and ice, snow chains, snow socks, snow shovels, Welles, thick clothing, etc, etc, etc . . . . . . . . BUT I'd never in a million years thought of taking rock salt. :thumb:

What a brilliant idea,:thumb:

Thanks for that, it's now on my list for next winter :BigGrin: