Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Last week at a campsite in the alps a van opposite us was well and truly stuck in thick ice and snow. The French family mum dad and son spent at least 30 minutes trying to escape their predicament but to no avail. They had a brand new set of snow chains that had obviously never been fitted and despite several efforts they couldn't fit them on. As usual they had acquired a nice crowd of onlookers and helpers all shouting and waving their arms but the van still refused to budge.
Eventually I went over with my £1 tub of Lidls best rock salt and spread some on the ground in front of the tyres and rubbed some over the tyres which were nice and warm from spinning. Then I told the guy to gently drive forward and Voila the van drove straight out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I picked up my tub of salt and swaggered away to looks of disbelief and open mouths. :Cool::Cool:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Blimey!
When away in the winter I pack what I think is all I need to cope with the snow and ice, snow chains, snow socks, snow shovels, Welles, thick clothing, etc, etc, etc . . . . . . . . BUT I'd never in a million years thought of taking rock salt. :thumb:

What a brilliant idea,:thumb:

Thanks for that, it's now on my list for next winter ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back