The Marjal Rally Ends

Discussion in 'MARJAL RALLY 2012' started by Jim, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Well we didn't know what to expect of the site, but looking through the list of funsters attending we knew we'd have a good time and we did, in fact we had a ball.

The site and facilties are superb and easily coped with the small number of people using the site, the staff work hard are polite and nothing is too much trouble. This is not the sort of site we are used to, but we were very surprised, it's well laid out, the pitches if anything are too big. The Gym and Spa were superb and we used the facilities most days. While we would not want to do Marjal in Summer when its full, we would certainly come back again in the winter.

Today the rally finishes and most are now winging their way homeward, about half a dozen have extended their stay and some have already booked to spend next winter here.

Funsters organised trips out, cook-ins, meals, demonstrations and parties and some days our area looked like a coronation party as we'd take over the street. In all we had a wonderful time and look forward to repeating it. :thumb:

A big thanks to all those funsters that turned up and made us laugh so much:thumb::thumb:

NB: This 'Marjal Rally' forum section was private for ralliers during the rally but is now open to everyone.

• Like Like x 18
  2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We can't really add anything more to your post Jim. Pam and I have really enjoyed the rally and the company of all the Funsters. We would just like to say a big thank you to Sian and yourself for organising the rally and for being such excellent hosts.

Brisey & Pam.

• Like Like x 5
  3. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

It was a great week indeed (in spite of my bad back prob:RollEyes:...) first time as well that JJ and I were attending a meet as a couple and in the hymer.
    I was really happy to put faces to names ....Meet Loujess , Brisey, Carol, or Rayb182, to name but a few was a real pleasure and I look forward to meeting them again; I was delighted to see again Brian /Hildweller, Steve/ Salopian, and Mo Judy and Paul , Bill Kate and Amanda, Lesleyjean..............well all the Funsters are really super duper friends !!! I hope we'll be able to make it again soon (errrr this is going to be quite difficult I guess but we can always hope:Sad:)

Thanks Jim and Sian for organising , it was nice to meet you again !
    I will be very happy to host you anytime when you will tour southern France. Kissy and cuddle from me to Katie who is a real nice little Princess:Smile:

Affectueusement à tous

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Aw Shucks !!!!

Thank you Jim and Sian, for everything ! xxxxx:youbetcha::party2:

I will be alright here on my own !!!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

Thanx for a wonderful meet, its was nice to meet new friends and see old friends and thank to Jim and Sian for organising the meet,its been one big blast, looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

We would also like to thank Jim and Sian for organising this meet.

We could not stay long as we had other commitments but would certainly be up for another meet like this. Weather was exceptional and Funsters are just so much FUN

Thanks again

Lesley and Alan .

• Like Like x 1
  7. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Been a good Rally/Meet.... good to put faces to names...

You have been a great bunch of people to be with...:BigGrin:

Hopefully if another one is organised for next year we will put our names down...

As said "Marjal Staff" have been so very helpful and friendly...

Special Thanks to Jim and Sian for the organising...:thumb:

Safe home ward journey or where ever you are going to ...

Thanks.
    Maurice (MO.. Billy No mates:Wink:) ,Judy & Paul..

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 5
  9. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Our first rally with FUN...
    We both had a great time and nice to meet everyone.. :thumb:

Ambilkate and ourselves arrived home this afternoon (sunday) after a bit of a cock up on my part and the silly clocks going foward..!! NO we didnt forget or get up later..
    Somehow we got up 1 hour earlier than we needed to !!?? Still wasn't time lost as we boarded and earlier ferry.. I got home faster to 2 happy grandkids and even managed to mow the lawns..:Rofl1:

See you all soon...

• Like Like x 9
  10. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

We forgive you Steve for banging the van at 5.15am :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  11. GeraldandAnnie

GeraldandAnnie Read Only Funster

We'd like to thank Jim and Sian for a great rally.

I loved the informality of rally, and the way people just came together at various times, but still leaving time to do other things. We've met some really great people, that we hope to meet again sometime in the not too distant future.

We're staying on for another 3 weeks or so, and we're back for 3 months :Eeek: at this time next year. It would be great to see another load of Funsters here :thumb:

Gerald

• Like Like x 5
  12. tony garvin

tony garvin Funster

I've thanked you before Jim & Sian for the wonderful rally at Marjal, but once again a big THANK YOU from Perri & myself for a fab rally x x:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Well we have had a great time. Although not our normal type of holiday, we have had such a lovely time.

It was great to meet more funsters, overindulge in all the food gatherings.

Marjal staff, the site and facilities have been excellent. We are planning to stay to after Easter.

If anyone was thinking of coming here early season next year I would recommend it has a good base, especially if you like swimming and the gym and spa facilities. Cycling to nearby villages, walking or cycling around the nature reserve, there is a lot to do, all made more fun when there is a group of you.

Thanks to Jim, Sian and Katie for being the perfect hosts.

Pat and Neil

• Like Like x 4
  14. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

And thankyou Raimon as well...see you in December !!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

• Like Like x 1
  15. JJ

JJ Funster

Let me add my thanks to everyone, especially Jim and Sian for a super week...

Next time Amanda will be smashed at Trionimos (?) and Stuart and Carol will be trounced at boules by Eddie and me...

Let's make the next "sunny site based" meet further east hey? :Wink:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Good Idea, get that damn tree cut down:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  17. JJ

JJ Funster

The Sundowners spent several days visiting QMJ... they worked and worked and the place looks fantastic now... (some) vines pruned and olive trees cleared and a lot of raking done... (Thank you so much you two.)

Nigel cut back the entrance tree roots and built up (and levelled) the track between them so now the vans do not tilt as they go through...

Their big demountable mounted on that sizeable pick up truck ran up and down the track with ease... my Hymer and Iveco have always been able to even before the improvements...

A tree is due to be felled but at the moment most sensible :)Wink:) sized vans can get in and out (yours included Roger) providing they have grip "under foot"...

It seems that QMJ is perfect for some motorhomers but unsuitable for others...

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

FUNsters will have FUN anywhere.

Marjal was great because it was full of FUNsters, it was dirt cheap, the weather was exceptional and it was empty ( apart from the weekend when the Spanish flocked in ) so we got a dream ticket.

However the location is crappier than a crap thing and I wonder how much better it would have been at say Cap Blanch or a 1000 other better locations where we would not have to rely on the great organising efforts of old_mo to get us out of the place.

I fear this could not happen twice.

19. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

You and Eddie beat us at Boules ?

In your dreams JJ :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  20. capinpugwash

capinpugwash Funster

Now back home and becoming involved in the routines of home life.

Thank you Jim and Sian for all your hard work in getting this rally up and running, and keeping the momentum going.

Your efforts are very much appreciated. :thumb:

• Like Like x 4