Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Those of you who've driven from Dolgellau to Machynlleth will know of the Bwlch llyn bach and the impressive valley that runs behind Cadair Idris down to Tal-y-llyn. You might also know of the lay-by at the head of the valley. What you might not know is that this valley is part of LFA-7(T), a low-flying training circuit for the RAF and USAF, otherwise known as the Mach Loop. If you pull in at the lay-by, cross the stile, then walk the footpath along the valley side back in the direction of Dolgellau, you come to a fence which runs uphill to your left. If you follow the fence up the slope you come to a viewpoint known among aviation enthusiasts as Cad West, where you have a grandstand view of any aircraft undertaking low flying training at given times during the week. I made my first visit there last week and got a few snaps, but nothing close to the quality of some of the shots I've seen from there. I definitely need more panning practice, and a day where more than two aircraft turn up. It's luck of the draw really.

Anyway, here's three pics from my first trip. I intend to return.

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
received_10210387442432981.jpeg
received_10210387480673937.jpeg
received_10210387444073022.jpeg

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Here are few images taken this week by my pal ! I was next to him looking at this tremendous view of our own air show2 days of just amazement !,, disbelief that we can get this close !,, video next best week Way in motorhome to Inc malvern the up to Wales for a tour

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is the camp site we stayed at
Celyn Britain
Dinas Mawddwy
Machynlleth
Pows
Sy20 9LP
This site is a gem it's not got the best showers and toilets but for me does not matter as used my motorhome but you are right over the flight path and can see them doing the loop will post more photos a must for all those who seek thrills

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Lovely shots - well done that man. We were in Barmouth for the really hot Tuesday a couple of weeks back and could hear them belting down the valley for most of the day. It looked like the USAF turned up too, as a couple of theirs were circling high up over the hills after their low level runs. A Hercules came down the Mawddach Estuary at low level from the sea while we were eating our picnic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I though this was about the stupid new Mach 5 razor advert!!! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back