Free Member
Mar 4, 2017
Poole, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
25 years
Hi, I'm Vanessa. Ive had motorhomes for the past 25 years and have enjoyed exploring a lot of the uk and a couple of visits to France. Widowed 2 years ago with a brand new camper on the drive......I was lost. Sold the camper as I wasn't confident enough to drive it and resigned myself that side of life is over. I have missed the adventures so much that I have now bought a smaller van conversion and Im looking to build confidence to take on some new challenges and meet new friends along the way. I have a small dog who also loves the travelling!

I live in the south of England, still working part time but not on Fridays or Mondays, so long weekends area a good start.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Welcome Vanessa get out there girl and enjoy yourself life is to short to stand still.
All the best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2017-3-4_15-8-23.png

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Vanessa,
Big Welcome from the Isle of Wight

upload_2017-3-4_15-28-52.gif

Terry & Ann + ASBO our cocker

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Good for you Vanessa, life must go on somehow I wish you well.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello Vanessa and welcome.

I am the same as you (widowed since last March) and bought my motorhome Lasy September. My first motorhoming experience was in January when I met up with a few ladies that I met via motorhome fun and it went well. The best advice I can you you is to go into scheduled rallies and see if you can get on a few meets, if they are full it's worth putting your name on the reserve list as I'm told that people drop out. I know exactly how you feel but you've made the right move already by introducing yourself on here. There are many helpful and friendly people here and you only have to ask a question and it's amazing how much help you will get.

I look forward to meeting you on a future meet. In the meantime, practise driving near to home, getting further afield, I found that helped me.

Best wishes
Muriel. (From Suffolk).

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have now bought a smaller van conversion.

If you've got that far the rest is a piece of cake.

Poole, all set for weekends in France.

And if you need backup you can see from reading FUN there's always someone on hand with advice. Sometimes it's rubbish but at least we haven't killed anyone, yet.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
@v1mum Muriel here again Vanessa. If you would like to go on meets with the ladies group, please let me know and I will ask for you to be added to the flloras group. The flloras are a friendly group of ladies who like you and I travel alone. They gave me lots of encouragement and its how I came to go to Rutland In January.
fllora ladies also go on a lot of the scheduled rallies so when you book yourself on some scheduled rallies you are likely to get to know them there and lots of other motorhomers. Anyway. Let me know if you would like to be enrolled to flloras.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hi Vanessa, welcome to Motorhome Fun. There are a number of single female members and I know Muriel has sent you a message. Enjoy your camper, it really is a great life.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to fun, by happy chance you have landed on a great forum where solos and couples get along really well, try and get to one of our meets, do take up Muriel's invitation a great way to meet other solo travellers. To get the best out of the forum you need to become a full member £15 a year, worth every penny, otherwise you only get 5 free posts and won't be able to ask questions.
:welcomesign:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello Vanessa. I hope you become a member. There are so many people on here who can help you. So many meets, ladies or mixture on general rallies. We have bbqs, dancing, music, quizzes or just company if you want it. Welcome. :)

Joy

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
@v1mum Hi, as people have already said there are several solos on M/Fun. I have only been traveling for two years and it was a big challenge for me, but just thinking doesn't get things done, so go for it, get some local driving practice, then go to some meets, you will meet some good helpful people. Hope to meet you soon.

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Hi Vanessa, :welco: from Pembrokeshire.

Bob and Jenny.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hi Vanessa :welcomesign: have been a solo and still like going off on my own. Also think the £15.00 membership is well spent, have saved myself much more after advice on here. The first step is the hardest and you have taken that by getting yourself a van you are happy with, taken a good step by coing on here, it can ony get better. Sue n John

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to the fun forum from another Poole resident

Join us or log in to post a reply.