BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So after living in bricks in Spain for nearly 2 years, it's time to get back on the road again.
We leave our home of Torre del Mar tomorrow and will make our way back to the uk for the summer, ( I hope you still have those :eek: )
Tunnel booked for 8 June, and a few funster meets booked, and an intention to get back over to Europe after the Malvern show.
Anyway, our route home has only 1 definite stop which is in Massa in Tuscany on 12 May to spend a few days with Jak's son and his girlfriend which has kinda Informed my route choice.
The plan is to use minimal tolls ( except Italy) and see what happens!
I better try to stay out of the bar today then ;)

IMG_0551.PNG

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning D + J have a great journey, not sure if our paths cross this trip, but hope to see you somewhere this year

D + B :)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Looks good to me would like to know how you get on crossing from Italy to Germany. Always fancied trying that route but always gone Swiss way as I know its no bother. Safe travels

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Looks good to me would like to know how you get on crossing from Italy to Germany. Always fancied trying that route but always gone Swiss way as I know its no bother. Safe travels

Me too, especially in a 5T 8.2m tag!
I don't intend buying a go box, and will do the non motorway roads through the brenner pass, Innsbruck, nattersee, seefeld and through to garmisch.
........ I hope!!!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Wow what a great route home, would cucumber to do that trip. Roll on retirement :)

Stupid spell checker! Why did it change a word to cucumber :sneaky: thought i wrote l o v e ' o_O must have virus because everytime i write it is changes to cucumber:mad:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Stupid spell checker! Why did it change a word to cucumber :sneaky: thought i wrote l o v e ' o_O must have virus because everytime i write it is changes to cucumber:mad:

Maybe two words you used together whilst searching the Internet ???
;)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
E
Me too, especially in a 5T 8.2m tag!
I don't intend buying a go box, and will do the non motorway roads through the brenner pass, Innsbruck, nattersee, seefeld and through to garmisch.
........ I hope!!!
Exactly why I'm interested as same size keep us informed of your journey please

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
First stop is at http://www.campingbalerma.com/en/
Very nice site, on acsi and campercontact, and €15.
Only 2 years old, and super facilities on a serviced pitch.
Easy access, nice bar and restaurant, huge pool and a stones throw from the beach.
Local area isn't the prettiest, but will venture into the local town today for a nose about and some lunch.
They even have a very large purpose built MH wash bay with jet wash and ladders available - looking forward to cleaning the parrot poo off my roof!!!
436C4F42-FF46-4299-BFA6-D989F70E15AF.jpg

IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So - done the town - didn't take long!
Bit of a sh!t hole tbh !
Nothing there to tempt us!
Did see a sunbed on the beach, and some old thing next to a cannon!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So we left Balerma this morning, having made use of the motorhome wash facility at the site which is a very tall jetwash and ladders. Lovely job, won't have to do that again for a while, not in this heat anyway!
Drove the A7 via Almeria - it's really not the nicest part of Spain, plastic agriculture as far as the eye can see, still, I guess we have to get our veg from somewhere! Bloody windy too, made driving interesting trying to stay in a straight line!
Arrived at free aire at Huercal Overa, and there was only one other van on here, and as I parked behind it, what did I see????? Only a funster sticker :D
Am sure we will meet whoever it is later on!
So, SWMBO going for a siesta, I'm off to check out the local establishments:p

IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
E

Exactly why I'm interested as same size keep us informed of your journey please

Buy a go box !!!

The non toll roads have 3.5t limits on them. The motorway was a pleasure, and only half hour from Brenner to Innsbruck. Left the motorway there to get to our site at Natters, and still had to go through weight limits, but only a short way. Glad we did the bulk on the motorway as there were some steep twistys, fine for a short while, but wouldn't want to do it for more than we did - about 10k.

Go box with minimum €75 top up cost €80. Piece of cake at Italian service station, and well signposted for availability. I assume the same on the German side. The credit stays on the box, so no worries if you don't use it all. Box stays with the van it's registered to.
As my van is a 55 plate, no euro emmisions class to worry about, so no need to send any further info to Alfintag or whatever they're called, just pop in the windscreen and go!

Be careful of the hills around here though, they're filled with the sound of music.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back