The Long Road home (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Leaving Crete tomorrow after spending 5 months here. Current plan is ferry to Piraeus, 2 nights in Pelion, ferry Igoumenitsa to Bari, few nights in Italy, then onto Austria, Germany, Holland and Belgium - probably take about 4 weeks in total.
Not sad to be leaving as I'm ready to get on the road again but very sad that, although we came here with our 2 dogs we will only be travelling back with 1. Our darling boy Roly died on Tuesday from a tumour on his liver. We rescued him from Crete back in 2002 and he was such a great boy. We have been travelling back and forth to Crete for several years now with the dogs and we used to boast that Roly had pooed in almost every European country including San Marino (and yes, we do pick up). On a positive note I have been feeding a stray dog for the last 2 months who had a puppy 6 weeks ago and I was getting very worried as to what would happen to her when we left. However, I manage to find an animal sanctuary who would take her and puppy for eventual rehoming in Germany and they came to collect her yesterday - mummy dog is called Agnes and we have called the puppy Rolytwo.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Sorry to hear about your dog,its better he passed and you see him suffer,so he was being kind to the one he loved,enjoy your travel's back to your home land,Italy is one of our favorite places and M&ME have had some great time's in the past there,so take care and if your ever up here on your travels your welcome to come and visit along with the dog.:thumb:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Also sorry to hear about your dog, always heart wrenching when you loose one as they become part of the family, good to see you have had a good time in Crete, have a good trip through Europe, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry to hear of your beloved pets loss.
We embark on a trip Sunday with a slightly heavy heart, we do it without our beloved Susie our Yorkie who went with us everywhere.
All the places we now go to we say, remember when we took Susie there?
I know I'm a sad person and forgive me for adding this to your post but they are part of your family and we'll always be remembered and missed.
Have a great trip back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back