The Learning Curve

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Coolbeanz, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I thought I would start a fun thread which is a copy of a page on my blog. If I start it off just copy and paste the entry and add yours. It could be a funny thread but also a useful learning tool for newbies!!:BigGrin:

1. If you start turning out of your drive before the rear wheels are past the gate post you will remove part of your bumper!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 163phil

163phil Read Only Funster

1. If you start turning out of your drive before the rear wheels are past the gate post you will remove part of your bumper!!

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.:Doh:

• Like Like x 3
  3. 163phil

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.:Doh:

3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug:Rofl1:

4. 163phil

3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug:Rofl1:

4. If you do 2. and 3. in winter, you'd better have plenty of gas.:RollEyes:

5. Sloany

Sloany Read Only Funster

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.
    3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug.
    4. If you do 2. and 3. in winter, you'd better have plenty of gas.
    5. If you dont wind your awning in before a windy night, you will awake to find you no longer own one and big holes in the side of your van.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    If you go HOT! into a corner,no amount of leaning over the bonnet,or hanging out of the door,will stop you rolling over. You should have been on your motor bike:Doh:
    Tea Bag.
    PS. Have not performed a barrel roll............... yet,but after all these years,when my buttocks clench the seat,i still allow myself a rye smile and shake of the head. "Captain to engine room...MORE POWER !!"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.*

3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug*

5. If you dont wind your awning in before a windy night, you will awake to find you no longer own one and big holes in the side of your van.

6. Toilet bowls swivel if needed so you don't need to leave the door open and your legs in the corridor!! :Blush:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

2. If you drive off without unhooking the mains, there'll be an audible bang and you'll be left with just a plug in your hook-up point.
    3. If you don't pack a long-handled screwdriver you won't be able to repair your plug.
    6. If you have the facility to divert heating into your waste tank, don't divert it into a nearly full tank of dirty water, it stinks after 24 hours!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

Toilet talk

6. If you have the facility to divert heating into your waste tank, don't divert it into a nearly full tank of dirty water, it stinks after 24 hours!
    7.(ish) be careful using your Thetford up a mountain. You might just get your own back!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  10. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

7.(ish) be careful using your Thetford up a mountain. You might just get your own back!!
    8.If you go HOT! into a corner,no amount of leaning over the bonnet,or hanging out of the door,will stop you rolling over. You should have been on your motor bike
    Tea Bag.
    PS. Have not performed a barrel roll............... yet,but after all these years,when my buttocks clench the seat,i still allow myself a rye smile and shake of the head. "Captain to engine room...MORE POWER !!"
    9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

8.If you go HOT! into a corner,no amount of leaning over the bonnet,or hanging out of the door,will stop you rolling over. You should have been on your motor bike
    Tea Bag.
    9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets :Rofl1:
    10. Make sure the Omnistep is out, before stepping out of the habitation door :Doh:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mastercamper

Mastercamper Read Only Funster

Funster No : 28914
    Interests: Motor Racing, Photography, Wildlife
    MH Type: Hi-Top
    MH Model: Swift Freestyle 630L
    Years Motorhoming: Since 2011

[​IMG]
    Tea Bag.
    10. Make sure the Omnistep is out, before stepping out of the habitation door :Doh:
    11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic:Eeek:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mastercamper

Mastercamper Read Only Funster

*bump*

14. Jandek

Jandek Funster

12.when leaving site always check you have not left anything behind on your pitch. Do NOT drive 50 miles and discover you have left your electric cable on the grass.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

When going to bed pissed dont moan when your head hurts next morning

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

... and then try and blame it on being "gassed" :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Tea Bag.
    9. Don't bother plugging anything in to the 3 pin sockets when not on electric hook up. You are wasting your time as the leisure batteries only power the 12v sockets
    10. Make sure the Omnistep is out, before stepping out of the habitation door
    11. When wilding, and parking in the dark, ensure that you are not parked parallel to the edge of a cliff. The very long step down, early in the morning can be quite traumatic

12.when leaving site always check you have not left anything behind on your pitch. Do NOT drive 50 miles and discover you have left your electric cable on the grass.

13. Always check the toilet cassette is actually there before using the loo, the other half may be in the process of emptying it! You can usually tell by the cold draft, but if in a hurry you might not notice :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

It's not quite working getting every one to copy and past before adding their experience as some are getting missed off so just show yours and everyone will have to read all the posts :BigGrin:

So here goes another of my learning curves:

When you are running off the leisure batteries and the power appears to keep tripping out you don't have an electrical fault you have flat batteries!:Blush:

19. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Ouch, that made us laugh out loud, hope you weren't hurt. I could just picture it in my head :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  20. philw111

philw111 Funster

It must have been a hell of a big cliff - there's a two hour gap between falling out and hitting the bottom (check the entries on Page 2):Rofl1: