The Latest Project Starts Today... (1 Viewer)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I had match of the day on, on Sunday and during the Liecester v Mackems highlights, the TV fell asleep....
Now I'm not going to initiate a football slanging match and detract from JJ's sterling efforts in security DIY but I'm looking forward to another six easy points this season....oh and Pardew out! (JJ, feel free to join in at any time ha ha, you know you want to)

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Only lived there when working and for the purposes of a c/o address, born in Seaham and raised in Sunderland!

Oh, you poor, poor person...:cry::cry::cry:

I used to go fishing at Seaham in the early sixties...(y)(y)(y)

My mates Uncle was the local plod...:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Now I'm not going to initiate a football slanging match and detract from JJ's sterling efforts in security DIY but I'm looking forward to another six easy points this season....oh and Pardew out! (JJ, feel free to join in at any time ha ha, you know you want to)

If Pardew goes it's likely the Mackems would replace Poyet with him based on form...

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
The BIG QUESTION is......................

Is he trying to keep you IN ?

Is he trying to keep you OUT ?

Both probably ... all depending on my intentions of the day.....;):D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Any door is only as strong as it's weakest point. How secure is that key, it looks like one I have in my tool box.;)

Reactions: SMB

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nobody likes a smarty pants, Terry!

(...and with all due respect, were you to be working on a Hymer door made with a sandwich construction of thin aluminum sheet, compressed foam and thin plywood with an alumimium formed frame, you might realise that my way was the ONLY (correct) way to retain full strength.)

JJ :cool:
NOPE DISAGREE :DGoing in from the side would have left you both sides in tacked -Each to their own and all that ;) you are doing a sterling job anyway (y)
terry

Reactions: JJ
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
NOPE DISAGREE :DGoing in from the side would have left you both sides in tacked -Each to their own and all that ;) you are doing a sterling job anyway (y)terry

Disagree with the disagree - without 'opening' up the inside of the door you would only be able to screw the lock in place - not bolt it through the frame

(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: JJ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Disagree with the disagree - without 'opening' up the inside of the door you would only be able to screw the lock in place - not bolt it through the frame

(y)(y)(y)
What's wrong with self tappers or rivets ?I simply know it's drastic action to cut the inner panel off to fit a lock -Bet the original lock is screwed or riveted in place ;):)
terry

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It is amazing how the skilled, talented folk always know a better way to the one chosen by the rufty tufty bodger. :rofl:

I assure anyone who is in the slightest bit interested (and why you should be beats me!) that knowing exactly how the door material is made that self tappers and/or pop rivets would NOT have resulted in having the overall strength that my very, very, very, very carefully chosen method has.

Pop riveting the front of the lock to the weakened frame with the rest of the lock shoved into the FOAM filling and just sitting there with NO support at all simply would not have been acceptable to me.

Never mind leaving the outer, wafer thin alumium skin with nothing behind it...

I am certain that if the proper experts had actually seen what we are working on they would agree...

After all... I KNOW I am right, so there!

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Even though I am a satisfied Barclays' customer, I totally agree with you on hidden deadlock fitting on 1987 Hymer 660S habitation doors...

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
A couple of years ago I saw a Classic Hymer 660S parked here in Silves which had the neatest dead lock system fitted inside the two parts of its "stable door" I had ever seen. JJ :cool:

Ah well at least it will be fitted;)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
As you say JJ I am not there to see your MODIFIED door so I will bow out of this and await you internal pic :love:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Apart from interior decoration, yet to be decided, the dead lock fitting has been completed...

Many thanks to Matthew.

20141127_154123.jpg

I am very pleased with the job...

20141127_155935.jpg

Day off tomorrow before the start of the next project...

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Is it worth fitting JJ, some one with a crowbar would be inside in about 5 seconds. All these locks are a waste of time to the professional thief.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
No professional thief would waste their time trying to gain entry into my Hymer, Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms daveandsan!

But thanks for the useful "information"...

Shame it arrived AFTER the job has been finished.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back