Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Is it just me, or has the rinsing system of toilets gone worse not better. All of my motorhomes until the 2011 Pilote, had a toilet flush that came out of a jet at pressure, round the inside of the rim and down. Just like those fair ground things where you roll a pennie. My present one uses the same pump pressure to dribble water out of 20 - 30 small holes and wont wash paper down the side. I resort to a shower head or a cup of water, accurately rinsing. Its really not difficult is it?

Phil

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
Its called progress, ruled by the modern theme of saving resources. Actually, when we have gone to large steam fairs such as Dorset, which lasts a week, and the nearest water can be a good old trek, we have economised the flush on the toilet to just open the flap, and then swill with half a glass of water, which is about a third of what it normally uses. They have probably done it with the little holes to make it more even, but that in fact doesnt have the power of the swirl flush to clear the paper. I have actually just done a service on our toilet as the valve was leaking, and the whole kit with valve and new toilet gasket was under £30. Not one of the nicer jobs I might add, as the tank still smells even after swilling it out and adding some bleach.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back