the kippor no less

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hayleylulu, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

1g770 kippor- is it any good. comments please. sensible of course.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

looks fine if you want a small 600w sized genny....ideal for running tv/sat system/lappy etc.

pure sinewave output so suitable for lappies etc.

auto throttle so should be economical.

3 hours continuous running to a 1.5ltr tank.

only 10kg....my ig2600 is 22kg

£229 inc vat and uk delivery.....bit expensive for a lit'lun but probably cheaper on ebay

3. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

thanks very much for info.

4. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Smile:Decided to get the Kipor ig2600 after searching round every other generator, good or bad thing I am not sure but for this make I am going to buy from martynsbargains on line, the planet seems quite good but £200 dearer and you have to ask yourself what exactly are you getting for the extra money.:thumb:
    Kennygd

5. robnchris

robnchris Funster

We got our Kipor 1g2600 from Martynbargains on Monday £495 delivered, it comes with no oil, removed it from box, phew it is heavy, placed on workbench, topped up oil, filled with fuel and it started 3rd or 4th pull.

Under load it does get a tad noisey, can`t compare with the hondas as i`ve never heard them under a big loading.

Only down side was the plastic body cracked through about 4" as the motor was running, phoned Tracey at Martybargains and they are sending out a new cover asap.

I will probably make a sound proofed cover for it to quieten it down as much as possible, don`t want to intrude on any neighbours.

Could Probably have got away with a smaller genny but i`m thinking if we get a power cut at home this will at least run the fridge and central heating, whereas a smaller one wouldn`t.

Rob & Chris

ps found this on e-bay definitely worth a look. Item number:120531829115

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We have a 2kw Honda and it gets an outing at home three or four times a year. The last power cut we had was for 26 hours, the genny ran my freezer, TV, router, a pc an a few strung up light bulbs. We were the only lights for miles:BigGrin: