The joy of owning an Ipad (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My wife owns an Ipad and an Iphone, they make me so aware of ageing memory.
To do anything you must put in your Apple password, or is that a passcode? In order not to forget she (we) keep records of such things. "Enter password." "Password incorrect", search our notes... "Enter password" "Password changed 6 weeks ago" By whom?
Eventually locate the password, then it asks us to double our security. Why?
We double our security with half a dozen non-sensible additional security words.
We try again. "Thank you for doubling your security"
"Enter password" no problems, then your additional security code.... "Password incorrect"
I hate Apple!

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Sounds like you need a password manager app. Unfortunately you will need a password for that as well...:swear2:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
To do anything you must put in your Apple password, or is that a passcode? In order not to forget she (we) keep records of such things. "Enter password." "Password incorrect", search our notes... "Enter password" "Password changed 6 weeks ago" By whom?
We double our security with half a dozen non-sensible additional security words.
"Enter password" no problems, then your additional security code.... "Password incorrect"
I hate Apple!
Dead easy! Make your password "I can't remember!". And double your security by using "What the ???? for?"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Couldn't agree more, I couldn't care less if the whole world has a look what's on my iPad, nothing on it but a bit of browsing stuff, yet always have to enter a password (n)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I'm not a fan of Apple and have none of their kit but is it not possible to disable the password function?

Caron

Free Member
Jan 29, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
New
My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 doesn't need a password...

It has a fingerprint reader.

I too hate Apple.

Just saying

JJ :cool:
Love apple and mine has a finger print reader. My 84 year old mother mastered an I pad well in the last 2 years of her life so I am sure that all of you who master the intricacies of a Motorhome can do the same

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my daughter was a true apple fangirl and was compelled to upgrade to the latest iphone whenever a new one was released. With considerable effort I eventually got her to try my latest samsung android phone and within a few months she was a total convert. so much better to use and freedom to do as you wish with your media and data

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
My Apple also has a fingerprint reader that I'm more than happy with bu I'm sure that still wouldn't be good enough for some folk, they would probably forget which finger to touch the pad with:whistle:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What annoys me about all I pads , laptops etc is after four or so years they go slow and whatever you do they are a pain.
Built in redundancy I guess to make you buy again :swear2:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think you have it set up wrong.

Ive only ever had to input a password when making an iTunes or App Store purchase

I'm not a fan of Apple and have none of their kit but is it not possible to disable the password function?

For store purchases no there isn't and there shouldn't be.

Your Apple password is not required for any other function so no need for an option to disable it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What annoys me about all I pads , laptops etc is after four or so years they go slow and whatever you do they are a pain.

I have several products that are older than 4 years and have never experienced this. Maybe it's something you're doing?

Caron

Free Member
Jan 29, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
New
I agree but that's all technology and not just I pads.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
As @NickNic said, you shouldn't have to enter a password unless you are going to the App Store or similar.
Current iPads and iPhones all have fingerprint recognition and the older ones just need a 4 digit number ie,1234 or similar, to gain access.
Just use a number you can both remember, easy, peasy. (y):D:D

Richard.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Try this Alan

Set up a passcode
  1. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode:
  2. Tap Turn Passcode On.
  3. Enter a six-digit passcode. ...
  4. Enter your passcode again to confirm it and activate it.
Mike

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
To remember the hoards of passwords we all have to remember I would recommend using 1Password, https://1password.com. also on the App Store.
As the name implies you just have to remember one password to gain access to all your different ones. It is very secure and can be used on all IOS and Mac machines.
My memory is shocking and I use it all the time rather than rely on just one or two simple passwords for every website and forum.

Richard.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
My Android devices can utilise fingerprint swipe instead, or shape drawing, or can even be.password/pass code disabled if so required. Can't an iPhone do all those things?

Caron

Free Member
Jan 29, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
New
My Android devices can utilise fingerprint swipe instead, or shape drawing, or can even be.password/pass code disabled if so required. Can't an iPhone do all those things?
Yes it can.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You can disable the passcode facility on ( probably) all iPads and iPhones and the ones with fingerprint recognition can have all your fingerprints ( and others ) added.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I just love touch ID on the iPhone, but I discovered after getting arrested the other day on the bus whilst unlocking my phone! Apparently you are supposed to use a finger or thumb for that functionality, to be fair, up to that point I had always wondered how the ladies unlocked their phones! :whistle:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Its hardly the iPads fault you cant remember stuff because your old is it :D

Buy the latest stuff with fingerprint recognition you just have to remember not to lose your finger :rofl::rofl:

Yep Apple stuff still runs faster than pc's even after 10 years my Daughter has an old Mac and it is still good to go (y)

Ahh Samsung phones with exploding batteries, still keeps your pocket warm in the winter :rofl:

Im not a dyed in the wool buyer of any particular supplier but Apple do seem to have their act together

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I hate Apple!
Totally agree. Try download an app. Doesn't recognise password. Reset password and save it to notes. Next time I try to download an app. guess what----it doesn't recognise password. DOH

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
I have several products that are older than 4 years and have never experienced this. Maybe it's something you're doing?
If your device are that old, chances are they haven't been included in the latest IOS system versions - my old iPad isn't - and have therefore missed the new security updates. Best thing really....
:)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Love apple and mine has a finger print reader. My 84 year old mother mastered an I pad well in the last 2 years of her life so I am sure that all of you who master the intricacies of a Motorhome can do the same
Mine has a fingerprint reader, trouble is it doesn't sometime it does others it doesn't. Always at a time I really NEED it. I suppose it is because as a professional safe-cracker, I have emery papered the fingerprints off all my fingers. Or that is what Apple would say.. I keep removing the prints and spend a happy time putting the damn thing on again. Hands damp hands dry, no difference it is just annoying. As for the codes. It needs a mix of High-case, Low-case and numbers about forty figures long so I cannot just use something I know easily.. Bloody memory loss gets my goat.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have still got my iPad, don't use it much these days as the iPhone is so big now it doubles as a tablet. Not keen on Apple the cpmpany though.

Any one want a cheap iPad drop me a P.M. I'm selling loads of them off cheap.

£50 all boxed everything you could possibly need.

Sorry, you need to subscribe to see this content. Subs are £20 a year. You Can Subscribe Here

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not really - they can run at the same speed as when bought. Simply do a master reset (tablet) or reload the OS (PC or laptop).

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Dont change you email as when you need a clue they send it to the original email especially if some how you happen to press find my i pad?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back