The Huns say Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Uncle Ben, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Read Only Funster

Dear Fellow Members, my lady and I have just moved to the UK from Budapest, Hungary. (She is a doctor of rheumatology, I am a dogtrainer/writer/public speaker/photographer/marketing consultant... among a few other things.) We have come over with our caravan and our two dogs, Woody and Mini-Roulette. So far everybody we have met on our way was surprisingly kind and helpful to us. (Haven't been to London yet). We are very optimistic about living over here and we will do everything we can to add our expertise and enthusiasm to our new community - wherever it will be. As we can basically relocate to any county or town, we would be happy to hear a few comments on what place you recommend us to check out. We are happy to be here and we are looking forward to meeting you guys. With love, from Kristina and Ben.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mel

Mel Funster

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

Hope you settle in OK

Mel & Lieve

3. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Hi from Eastbourne and :welc:

4. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

@Uncle Ben
    Welcome Kristina and Ben to our country and our motorhome forum.
    We hope you will both be very happy here.
    Stef and Di.

5. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Hi Uncle Ben ,Welcome to the UK .Hope you and your wife enjoy your stay and i am quite sure you will find we have a great country here.Have a great time and you never know you may be back. LOL :cheers:

6. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello :welc:

7. Uncle Ben

Hello and thank you for the quick replies! We are in Brighton right now, going to East Grinstead and EastBourne over the weekend, then off to Reading and Sommerset. We also plan to visit some friends up north, near Yorkshire. the weather was very kind to us so far. :) Ben

8. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

:welc:

9. Ali n Tim

Ali n Tim Funster

Hellp from Kent :welc:

10. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

With a title like yours I would recommend you don't repeat it in certain parts of bigoted Glasgow:LOL::rolleyes::LOL:
    Welcome to fun. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

Hi & :welc:

12. The Dude

The Dude Funster

welcome animated smiley.gif

13. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Have a look at Staffordshire. Beautiful county and very affordable.

14. Big bus man

Big bus man

Hi Uncle Ben and welcome. I live in Crawley so know the south very well. East Grinstead....I would give that a miss myself as there is nothing there of interest. As you will know by now Brighton is great and I would also recommend Arundel with it's huge castle, just South is Ford market on Saturdays only but worth looking round in the morning. Portsmouth is good for the historic docks and some good outlet shopping all within a short walk, easily a full day visit. Visiting Somerset know doubt you are planning to see Stonehenge but also take a look at Shaftesbury's Gold hill. Salisbury is also great but all of this is Wiltshire not somerset. I thing Longleat safari park is Somerset, a superb attraction but is you take a car/van through the park give the monkey's a miss unless you want to a big bill to replace bits of your vehicle.
    As for where to live that is where to feel right, if you want a job that pays big bucks then probably London but if I were in your shoes I would move to Shropshire.
    Being Autumn now you will see parts of our country are beautiful especially on the cold days with low mist with the sun rising through it, if you are still in Brighton do take the road over Ditchling beacon even if you only go to the beacon to see the views it is worth a look.
    Happy driving.

15. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Kristina and Ben, welcome to the fun (y)

16. Uncle Ben

Mister Big Bus Man, thank you sooo much for your detailed reply to our post, it was the first thing in the morning that we checked the mail, and wrote down all the info and the city names you mentioned. So Shropshire it is, eh? We will go there. And we love to braze around flea-markets, so South Ford is noted, thank you. Yes, Stonehenge is on the "to-do" list, although we are not very much into the "usual tourist attractions", we rather want to see how the English people live, for real. Although we love animals, Longleat safari park is no on the list of "must sees", as I lived in South Africa for eight years and visited the game parks there quite regularly. Regarding the money to make... first we just want to establish ourselves, get to know the system, get to know the "ins and outs", and improve our English. The secret to happy life, as far as we know it, is the step by step approach. Thanks again, you are great, for spending so much time with our little "inquiry". Let me know if you ever visit Hungary (you should!) and we will do the same for you - it's a lovely little country, beautiful scenery, great wine, and Budapest is really... one of a kind. See you on the roads! Uncle Ben and Kristina

• Like Like x 1
  17. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Hello and welcome from West Midlands

Wyn

18. snailtrailer

snailtrailer Funster

Welcome Uncle Ben and Kristina

We moved from Sussex many years ago, although our three children still live there. We are in Norfolk now and planning to move to Suffolk very soon. All the counties are lovely in their own way but we definitely prefer the rural way of life. Some time back there was a question on the forum about the best place to live. Lots of good answers on that. I'll see if I can find it.
    :welc:

19. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Hi and welcome to FUN. (y)

20. snailtrailer

snailtrailer Funster

I typed 'best place to live' in the Search box and found it. Exciting times ahead.