Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
This is a festival in its 4th year in 2017 and going from strength to strength. We've not been before as too late for camping tickets but managed to get some this year. I know a few people who have been and loved it. It's fabulous for singles, couples and families. It was startef by Cerys Matthews and is held at Hawarden Estate in Wales. Here's the link to check it out https://www.thegoodlifeexperience.co.uk/ my last email update said only 53 motorhome pitches left from 250.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Sounds fun but £435 for 4 people in a MH? I'll give it a miss. Any idea why there is a £60 "surcharge" for MHs? It does annoy me when MHs are charged more than tents, especially when it is expected that MHs will use EHUs. Don't tents and their associated cars cause more damage to the site than a MH?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
This is a festival in its 4th year in 2017 and going from strength to strength. We've not been before as too late for camping tickets but managed to get some this year. I know a few people who have been and loved it. It's fabulous for singles, couples and families. It was startef by Cerys Matthews and is held at Hawarden Estate in Wales. Here's the link to check it out https://www.thegoodlifeexperience.co.uk/ my last email update said only 53 motorhome pitches left from 250.

I've heard good things about that festival as well. It's cracking value for money compared to a lot of others. Let us know how you get on, it might have to go on the "to do" list (y)

Sounds fun but £435 for 4 people in a MH? I'll give it a miss. Any idea why there is a £60 "surcharge" for MHs? It does annoy me when MHs are charged more than tents, especially when it is expected that MHs will use EHUs. Don't tents and their associated cars cause more damage to the site than a MH?

Festivals always charge for motorhomes/campers. I guess it's because there is a dedicated campervan field. The tent camping included in the ticket price is generally inside the arena on a "pitch your tent wherever you can find the right sized gap" basis. Sitting with a beer watching people trekking from the car parks past the campervan field with their tent and all their kit for the weekend is worth the cost on its own. Cars don't get anywhere near the site. Parking a mile away from where you're camping isn't uncommon and at somewhere like Glastonbury it will be further.

Never been in a festival field where there's been EHU though. The only "facilities" you can normally expect are fresh water taps and somewhere to dump your black.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry, too rich for me. Rather a couple of weeks in France at that sort of money.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm waiting for Beautiful Days to go on sale.

That's the must do for us every year.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like an interesting festival (y) so maybe one for us to try next year as we already have a few planned for this year - motorhoming & festivals is a great combination :) Agree that festivals in general aren't cheap but hoping to negotiate group discount prices for a few events if enough interest http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...-august-bank-holiday-weekend-fun-meet.144891/ . Retrofestival at Newbury last year cost more than the average Warners weekend (which we also enjoy) but at £99 RVOC/Fun rally price we got a lot of great live music & entertainment for the money.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not heard of that one. I'll check it out thanks

It's in Devon and it's the Levellers own festival so you can always make a pretty good guess at who's headlining Sunday night (y)

It's very relaxed, very chilled out atmosphere and it's family friendly. It's not massive, about 15000 people. Other than Glasto we think it's just about the best festival of them all.(y)

The campervan field will sell out very quickly so you need to be on the ball.

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
It's in Devon and it's the Levellers own festival so you can always make a pretty good guess at who's headlining Sunday night (y)

It's very relaxed, very chilled out atmosphere and it's family friendly. It's not massive, about 15000 people. Other than Glasto we think it's just about the best festival of them all.(y)

The campervan field will sell out very quickly so you need to be on the ball.
I've just registered for info. Let you know if we decide to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back