The Funster's Favourite French Aires (1 Viewer)

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
logo6.gif

There doesn't seem to be many reviews of Aires and Campsites in this section - why?

:france::france::france:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I will be off to France soon, it would be nice to have a review / score on what are the best sites to see or avoid:thumb:

I have the aires book and the satnav loaded and a French map but i think it must be --drive--- arrive and see what the sites are like because i have booked none :Smile:

Maybe half the fun is exploring what it`s like ? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Please see here - Broken Link Removed

Jim has a problem with google maps. There are other useful links if you do a search on aires, lots of photo albums and reviews from various funsters that should give you lots of good ones.

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
joner8888 - Maybe half the fun is exploring what it`s like ?

Half the fun is certainly exploring but it might help your choice if you knew the price you were likely to pay, size of pitches, facilities available and whether or not you could expect undesirables or rats to be where you intend staying overnight.

Unbiased reviews help everyone to stay or avoid Aires/Campsites and surely a list of the good, bad or reasonable is well worth collating.

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Where have they gone?

Yesterday I posted three new Aire/Campsite reviews and pictures - St Jean de Monts, Orbec and Violaines - in the The Funsters Favourite French Aires section.

And today they've gone, disappeared, vanished, vamoosed - no sign of the three and it says I haven't posted any listings yet.

Give me a clue - what could have gone wrong and where are they?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Where have they gone?

Yesterday I posted three new Aire/Campsite reviews and pictures - St Jean de Monts, Orbec and Violaines - in the The Funsters Favourite French Aires section.

And today they've gone, disappeared, vanished, vamoosed - no sign of the three and it says I haven't posted any listings yet.

Roryboysdad...I will have a look ...Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Where have they gone?

Roryboysdad (keith)..

I have just looked, the one you put on yesterday ...Camping Les Capucins with photos has gone...I don't know why...

I did not know you had put any others on...

Keith there seems to be some strange things happening on the French aires link:Doh:.Jim says its broke.........Today I could not get into the French Aires link at all....Why :Eeek: other funster are also having trouble getting into the home page of French Aires

I am being a bit cheeky here...but could I ask you (if its not to much trouble) to re-enter those three campsites/ again..with photos..Mel...
Your review is still there.....

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,
This morning I got into 'aires' and had a map-now at 2221 I can get into 'aires' but no map.
So,basically a slightly retrograde step
Mike

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I will be off to France soon, it would be nice to have a review / score on what are the best sites to see or avoid:thumb:

I have the aires book and the satnav loaded and a French map but i think it must be --drive--- [HI]
arrive and see what the sites are like because i have booked none :Smile:

Maybe half the fun is exploring what it`s like ? :thumb:

[/HI]

Yes part of the fun is finding aires - you can't book them anyway. It would be like trying to 'book' on a carpark in the UK

Wyn

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I use motorhomingfrance.co.uk costs £12 but very good site all in english good photos good map refs and lots of info mostly vetted by Alan the site webmaster plus reviews by other users. I print off the areas of which I'm likely to travel to and take them with me in case no wifi. I find it compliments this site very well. Terry:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back