Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Just trying to get a head start when we pick up our new van .

I will need to put together a spare bulb kit and I’m hoping someone has already done it and still has a list what they needed , Its for a A Class Carthago Chic I cant see the bulbs changing much in the last few years.

I know you can’t cover everything but any other recommendations would be great as we won’t be back in the UK for long . Ive started putting a list together what I will need.

Don’t have the handbook so Ive no idea of any odd size fuses etc the jury is still out on the spare tyre.

Thanx as always

Paul

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Our Chic was supplied with a few spare fuses, and I purchased a box of assorted blade fuses off EBay.

We also bought a spare wheel and tyre, plus a long wrench to undo the wheel nuts.

I also have a spare bulb kit from a previous vehicle but not the head lamp bulbs

Hope you like your new van !

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Find out your main bulb and possibly H7 or H4, then buy the bulb kit off e bay or amazon then you've got all the bulbs and fuses you need tidy in a box.
shopping.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Don’t have the handbook so Ive no idea of any odd size fuses etc the jury is still out on the spare tyre
As regards the fuses, get 5/10/15/20/25 amp. They're all colour coded so any that go, replace with same colour.
Spare tyre. If you know where it is, then it'll be same size as the ones on your Moho. Check age of tyres rather than primarily the tread.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
If it's a new one could it have led lights?
Well yes it could but by the content of the OP, then it's not new. Also, if new they'd have a handbook and would have been told where spare is by dealer, so putting all these clues together, I assumed it wasn't new.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Thankyou guys for all your help and yes it is new van .We are in Spain at the moment we won't be back in UK till May and we pick the van up in May so trying to sort out as many things as we can now as we are hoping to leave the UK June lol.

The van we have now is 12 years old and I know all the fiat vans have small blade fuses now for the engine side , my old van has the large blade fuses engine side.

No idea if the headlights , sidelights etc are led I would of thought so as its a 2017 van ,

Thanks again guys never even thought about LED lights on the chassis side

Paul

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Forgot to say what got me thinking about the fuses and blubs

2 weeks ago a guy a couple of pitches down from us with a 2016 chic a class asked if I had a 12v air pump to blow one of his tyres up.

The Carthago pump he got with the van had packed up and also blew a 15amp fuse for the cig lighter socket . ( fuse in the engine bay)I had a pump and offered to help.

Located fuse box you need a mirror to see the fuse as its tucked away behind a load of other stuff also you need some sort of fuse pullers or a pair of long nose pliers to get it out. I thought my engine bay was tight I could just get my hand in there lol .

That got me thinkiing what other crap do I need to carry Ive already got fuse pullers but I now have one of these on my wish list ( picture below ) to see fuse box

s-l1600.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fairly certain headlamps are the standard Hella projectors, H1 for dip and H7 for main beam.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Don't forget a decent tool box. It may be a Carthago but I've found they still drop to pieces like any other motor home. Hope you enjoy your van more than we are.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just been to dealers, I did notice that all the new 2017 vans (C Tourers) had tungsten lamps on the rear, orange for indicators etc, This did surprise me as most manufacturers have gone down the LED route by now.
I know a lot of folks on another forum are wishing to upgrade their exterior lighting to LED replacements, which I think some have managed to do quite easily. It would make them longer lasting and reliable I suppose, maybe brighter too.
Just hope it doesn't screw up or create any warranty issues though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back