The End Of Wild Camping On The Coast? (1 Viewer)

Bohemiabones

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Avia 4x4 truck
Exp
since 2011
Did anyone wild camping on the coast between jan to may 2015 experience frequently being moved on by the police? From arriving in dec until departing in April we were regularly hassled by the police to move on - all along the coast from Asilah to Taghazoute and even a bit inland. During our previous winter trips over the past four years we had virtually no problems wild camping. This year often the police were very unpleasant and insisted we moved immediately. I am just wondering if we were just very unlucky, if not, did the situation change after april or should we give morocco a miss this winter!

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Wild camped a lot in the interior last year. Spent some time at the coast as I travelled north. I heard tales of the army moving on MHs when they reached a critical mass. Generally those in groups less than a dozen seemed ok
Dick

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
V unlucky.
Did a lot of the country dec 2014 to mar 2015 and no probs.
From Asilah to midelt to Merzouga to Taghazout and up the coast back to Tangier.
Only fun bit was being evicted from Taghazout.
Back in 2016 and looking forward to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bohemiabones

Bohemiabones

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Avia 4x4 truck
Exp
since 2011
Well, this year critical mass seemed to be one - our sole vehicle even parked up in discreet places! We stopped for lunch at near a lighthouse and the police appeared withing 15 mins and told us to move on - my wife who speaks excellent french told them we would move after lunch and would not overnight, they came back twice in the next 40 mins telling us to move! A couple of other long time over-winterers who we met up with told us they were expereincing the same this year - then the three of us had a visit by two cars of police while parked up 20km inland of the coast!​

OP
OP
Bohemiabones

Bohemiabones

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Avia 4x4 truck
Exp
since 2011
Thanks Dazzlin - I am hoping for more reports like yours and if we were exceptionally unlucky this year then our next winter excape is solved! Agreed, that was fun in taghazout - a few days camped right on the beach, went away for a week and when we returned the hundreds of MHs had been moved off by the police - and they pounced on us within a few hous.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
I think it's time to spend your hard earned money elsewhere in a more accommodating country,

and by the way welcome to the forum(y)

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bohemiabones

Bohemiabones

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Avia 4x4 truck
Exp
since 2011
Thanks Andy - only trouble is there is not one that has the great weather of morocco that is within a reasonable driving distance to get away from our winter.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Did anyone wild camping on the coast between jan to may 2015 experience frequently being moved on by the police? From arriving in dec until departing in April we were regularly hassled by the police to move on - all along the coast from Asilah to Taghazoute and even a bit inland. During our previous winter trips over the past four years we had virtually no problems wild camping. This year often the police were very unpleasant and insisted we moved immediately. I am just wondering if we were just very unlucky, if not, did the situation change after april or should we give morocco a miss this winter!
I think your problem may be associated by the fact that your at some point crossing the English Channel. I find that probably the best way to stop being moved on by foreign officials, is by staying in England, where their jurisdiction is slightly more limited. :)(y)

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back