The Dreadfully Day (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Over the last 30 years we have always had privilege of Dogs owning us in the all the years we have had Irish Setters, but some 11 years ago we ended up with a Boxer who along with our Irish friend went all over the UK with us In Dec last year we had the dreadfully news that he had Cancer over the last 2/3 months we saw the decline in his health which came to a head in the last week i wont go into this ,yesterday i could tell by his look that he had enough so with heavy heart he was put to sleep today by our local vet.I feel totally lost without him but also i feel better for talking about it for that i apologies i have no doubt dog lovers out there will know exactly how i feel We have the the consolation of looking after our Irish friend which helps but there is a massive gulf left again I'm sorry for posting this but it Helps..

Thanks

Bill

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Bill now how you feel.

Just think of all the marvellous time you had together.

Thinking of you.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Its hard to do when they are telling us they have had enough but it is the last act of kindness we can do in making sure they dont suffer. After all they have been loyal to us all their life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
I'm sorry for posting this but it Helps..

Sorry to hear the sad news Bill...I can honestly say i know exactly how you feel after having to have our dog which we had for 14yrs put to sleep a couple of weeks ago...and Yes! it does help to talk about it Bill and feel free and drop me a PM anytime you want....Dave

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Bill, we have also had a Red Setter and a Springer Spaniel both who I had to take to the vet for their final journey. It is a terrible experience which still brings tears to my eyes. But the love and devotion that only dog lovers will understand pays for the grief many times over. We would not be without mans best friend.
Keep smiling
Larry

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Dave and Bill. I too have been through this and it really was one of the worst experiences of my life. I just kept hoping the injection wouldn't work and I could take him home again. But we know it is our responsibility as owners to help our pets when they are suffering and it is an act of kindness. You will always remember him with love and smile at his antics, but the pain has to go first. I'm thinking of you.

Ivy

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
We lost both our staffs over christmas, one before and the other just after.
All i can say is that "time's a great healer but the sadness will creep-up on you from time-to-time and when it does just remember the good times".
Easy to say that from here, we watched marley and me last night and when he went to the vets i had to leave the room as i was a blubbering wreck.

good-luck....nige

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sorry to hear of your loss, it is something we never get used to, but unless a miracle extends the dogs life to same as ours it is something we must learn to live with and move on to the next dog. Nothing really makes it easier.

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
The Dread full Day

Guys thanks for all your responses it helps, when you think you are all totall strangers it will take time and once again thanks

Bill

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sorry to hear that Bill, must be hard for you.
No need to apologise for posting it, just hope it helps you feel better.

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you will be fine and time will heal, as others have said its remembering the good times that will help you through.

best wishes

Dave and Sharon

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Bill
so sorry to hear mate.. I genuinely feel for you
We are doggy people and Mo would love to get another, but after we lost Ralph ( a spaniel ) I decided I could not take the heartache again..

All you can do is know in your head and heart that while he was with you you gave him a bloody good life

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back