LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i see that they still redirect motorhomefun.com to their website.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I might take the pee about having 3 days of posts on the front page :rofl: but I believe in karma too much to gloat if a site is down. The pain when your site is down is horrible and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. Facts is owned by a multi million dollar company now, I'm sure they won't be down for long.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I might take the pee about having 3 days of posts on the front page :rofl: but I believe in karma too much to gloat if a site is down. The pain when your site is down is horrible and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. Facts is owned by a multi million dollar company now, I'm sure they won't be down for long.
Dave has been employed by them to sort his shit out. After many months I think they stopped trying to fix it :ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
You can be a mushroom here without attending the dark side:moon2:

:spam::swear2::drink::imoutahere:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Do you know what? We've all got friends that post on both sites. In the early days there was a spat, but that was a long time ago, and both sites co-existed for a long time. Offers were made by a big marketing company to the owners of both forums, facts took the money, Jim thought about it and decided against it.

So Fun remains the largest Motorhome forum on the web, owned and operated by a Motorhome owning family, for the benefit of us all

Facts seems to to be sadly slowly imploding, with very few posts and questions left hanging for days it seems.

But, Fun does better when it is being, well Fun:- Giggles, fun, technical issues, a smattering of Politics, a dusting of social comment, Jim's gentle hand on the tiller keeping everyone playing nice.

Chats and discussions regarding setting up a network of Motorhome FUN CL's exclusive for MHFun members, rallies meets and social events

All these things make Fun what it is, Fun, but bashing Facts isn't Fun, we should be helping the stalwarts on Facts, make the final move over to Fun, where they can carry on doing what they do now, but have more....well Fun lol

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is "Life Time Membership" Transferable... ;):ROFLMAO:

And the first *astard to say they will pay my sub`s if I go.... will be getting a letter from my ""Solicitor"...:mad:

Wont they Chris... or SlobberdobberBob if I could get hold of him... :D

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

And the first *astard to say they will pay my sub`s if I go.... will be getting a letter from my ""Solicitor"...:mad:

Strange....just last night I was reading some old posts of Slobberdobber(y)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
The Dark is down??
Tragic.
How will the gutless spies on here report everything we say to the evil ones?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Does anyone no how SlobberdobberBob is often wonder if he is OK.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Jim's gentle hand on the tiller

How do we know that's where Jim's hand is? Does anyone have any corroborated evidence that shows this? Are you sure it's not somewhere else? Or is this one of the gazillion recent new words in the dictionary for, ehhhh...............
Guess it'll be the back of his hand over my lug in a minute!!!:imoutahere::getmecoat:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
On a slightly different tack I was watching the Hitler film Downfall recently, didn't realise that was the source of all the spoof Hitler videos on Youtube, including the Facts wanting more Fun. :LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Last I heard he recovered from a heart attack. I don't think he has a motorhome anymore.
Hope he's ok - always enjoyed the 23'08" posts and others.

I visit a few sites and never had any issues with Facts; it's just a bit more fun over here and to be honest, the changed format and appearance makes the whole site one heck of a lot more visually attractive which can only help. Don't agree at all with people coming on here and saying that xxx site is crap/sh!t etc. as all that does is simply reinforce some peoples perceptions. Plenty of room for this, that and other sites; its a big place

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back