The cushions keep slip-sliding about

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Liane, May 5, 2010.

1. Liane

Liane Read Only Funster

I've noticed that the cushions in the dinette area of our CI Carioca 656 are always on the move, and I have to keep pushing them back into place. I think it's because we fidget about too much :BigGrin: So I've been thinking about glueing big strips of velcro to the frames which ought to do the trick. Does anyone have any other tips? :Smile:

2. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Hi:thumb:

We had the same problem with one of our dinnett cushions and Velcro did the trick. We used the stick on heavy duty type (about 1" ish wide) and once stuck down stayed off the seat for 24hours, can't remember the distructions but the full adhesive strenght only comes in after a period of time (the 24hr I think). In the past I didn't read the distructions and had found these type of stickie things usless:Blush:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Heavy duty Velcro is fine, better if you can remove the cushion cover and sew it on.

Another idea I've employed is to glue or nail short pile carpet onto the box lid with the pile upwards and angled toward the van wall, this also provides another layer of insulation.

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

we use velcro as well just a 2" strip on each cushion seems to work fine

5. BigJohn

BigJohn Read Only Funster

Stapling would be a firmer solution.

6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We had this problem on our Rimor dinette seats, I didn't want to have to mess about with Velcro - if you stick it on it can pull of, and sewing it on was just too much hassle - so instead I used some anti-slip rug underlay - a bit like the rubberised gripper stuff you put in motorhome cupboards to stop stuff moving about, only with much larger holes! I actually stapled it to the base as I only had it in smaller pieces, but one large piece could just be laid under without being fixed. I use the same stuff in the washroom under a nice piece of carpet to stop it moving around in there (don't like cold feet in the night!).

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50093539

7. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

My motorhome has strips of thin foam matting to prevent slippage.

I'd be worried that velcro would cause damage to the underside of the cushion.