The cushions keep slip-sliding about (1 Viewer)

Liane

Free Member
May 5, 2010
Reading, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Since April 2010
I've noticed that the cushions in the dinette area of our CI Carioca 656 are always on the move, and I have to keep pushing them back into place. I think it's because we fidget about too much ::bigsmile: So I've been thinking about glueing big strips of velcro to the frames which ought to do the trick. Does anyone have any other tips? :Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi:thumb:

We had the same problem with one of our dinnett cushions and Velcro did the trick. We used the stick on heavy duty type (about 1" ish wide) and once stuck down stayed off the seat for 24hours, can't remember the distructions but the full adhesive strenght only comes in after a period of time (the 24hr I think). In the past I didn't read the distructions and had found these type of stickie things usless:Blush:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Heavy duty Velcro is fine, better if you can remove the cushion cover and sew it on.

Another idea I've employed is to glue or nail short pile carpet onto the box lid with the pile upwards and angled toward the van wall, this also provides another layer of insulation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had this problem on our Rimor dinette seats, I didn't want to have to mess about with Velcro - if you stick it on it can pull of, and sewing it on was just too much hassle - so instead I used some anti-slip rug underlay - a bit like the rubberised gripper stuff you put in motorhome cupboards to stop stuff moving about, only with much larger holes! I actually stapled it to the base as I only had it in smaller pieces, but one large piece could just be laid under without being fixed. I use the same stuff in the washroom under a nice piece of carpet to stop it moving around in there (don't like cold feet in the night!).

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50093539

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My motorhome has strips of thin foam matting to prevent slippage.

I'd be worried that velcro would cause damage to the underside of the cushion.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back