The cost of ferry crossings. How do we save.... (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Just a thought....

Could we/should we have a thread where people who have spare frequent traveller tickets for eurotunnel can offer them 'for sale'.....or would eurotunnel or the administrators of this forum object.

I have no idea what the restrictions are on them, i.e. Do they have a vehicle reg number on or anything that restricts them to the original purchaser?

Does anyone know whether you could add two dogs to the tickets?

You can only share the frequent traveller account with one nominated person, and they have to be named when you open the account. The account is valid for one year from opening.

http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Not sure where you want to cross from. But if you want to go the shortest and fastest, use Eurotunnel. As you see from my past posts I am a very keen ET user.

Again not sure how many times you want to cross in the year, if you use Frequent Traveller ET deal it will cost you £108 return any time of the year and any size van. You have to buy a minimum of 10 crossings (5 returns) but these can be shared with one other person. You can alter dates and times without charge so long as you give 24 hours notice.

colyboy

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Not sure where you want to cross from. But if you want to go the shortest and fastest, use Eurotunnel. As you see from my past posts I am a very keen ET user.

Again not sure how many times you want to cross in the year, if you use Frequent Traveller ET deal it will cost you £108 return any time of the year and any size van. You have to buy a minimum of 10 crossings (5 returns) but these can be shared with one other person. You can alter dates and times without charge so long as you give 24 hours notice.

colyboy

Any size of van ? Would they charge extra for a PVC towing a small trailer do you think ? Or a Smarty on an A frame ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Without the best way to get the correct answer is to go to Eurotunnel website and go through the process of booking until you get a price then back click and do the same with the different criteria i.e., no trailer, small trailer or large trailer.
You then have prices from the provider not us lot guessing or working on old terms and conditions.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
What I remember is that it quite expensive towing when you book with ET. But check ET on line
colyboy

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We were members of the BF Club Voyage Spain scheme for two years and it gave us a 30% discount plus our friends and family who used it got 10% and that earned us £10 each time too. We always used the savings to pay for the best cabin available so overall I suppose you could say we broke even on the upfront plus annual charges. But when we travelled to France this month, we only got 10% discount, so, as we intend to travel more to France over the next few years, I have agreed with Club Voyage that when my renewal falls due at the end of this month I can switch it to France for an admin charge of £35. As the annual France club charge is only £65, that is worth doing in my view as we will now save 30% on France crossings (Likely to be be mainly Plymouth/Roscoff as we live in Cornwall).

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Charlie

The only way is to book using a discount code if you can fine one, but they not easy to fined, the other way is to plan and book well in advance or use a more popular route like Calais or Dunkirk, Brittany ferries are always expensive.
If however you do not like driving then it my be worth it to you, but if you want a cheap ferry I’m afraid it’s Dover to Calais or Dunkirk.

Regards
Ray
You've forgotten Newhaven to Dieppe:):)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We always use ET frequent traveller . £108 return ANY TIME of the year and at sensible times of the day. We normally arrive at about 4.00pm 35 mins to France. Stay in the Citi de Europe (we're there January 12th NOT A SIGN OF MIGRANTS). then nice and fresh to get going in the morning. On our return we spend the evening in the Coe and catch the 9.00 am train. No exrtra charges for changing days or times.

Colyboy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Being from oop Norf we favour the Hull Zeebrugge overnight crossing, just done it for £329 with 3 nights camping cheques thrown in so that's £285 for a return overnight crossing with a £20 upgrade to outside 4 berth cabin, not worth driving darn Sarf for us.

Booked through the Caravan Club over the phone as they can better their own web site deals.

Martin

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
All these prices are higher than they were before My Ferry got pushed out by vested interests. I live in Dover and have not been over to France on the ferries. too dear for what it is I think.
Roll on the appearance of EasyFerry or the like when there would be some competition to the P& O, DFDS cartel.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i booked with aferry.com
return crossing may, dover /calias £78 with a 10 metre rv

Reactions: f6c
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve just booked for early june van us 2 and dog 152 return the dog is 30 so 122 for van and us good times as well could have got cheaper travelling early /late

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back