The buggers have done it again !!! (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Had the locks on the motorhome forced - presumably by using a screwdriver.

They will catch them this time hopefully as the council has put in a cctv camera

Fingers crossed.

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
what scumbags they are :Sad:very sorry indeed to hear that its happened again. Hope you catch them this time :shout:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That terrible. So sorry for you. Is it key on the street or in your drive?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Oh Gail so sorry I wish your luck would change for the better.:hug:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Why oh why cant you have some good luck:hug:

Chin up Gail:winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Gail for goodness sake mate,.,,,,,

Not being funny but would it not be possible for you to move away from there ?
What with the crap LEZ sh!te and all the grief you have suffered surely a move would be your best bet.. A new start and all that might well be a change that will turn your terrible ( putting it mildly ) luck you and Tony constantly fall foul of :Sad:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Gail for goodness sake mate,.,,,,,

Not being funny but would it not be possible for you to move away from there ?
What with the crap LEZ sh!te and all the grief you have suffered surely a move would be your best bet.. A new start and all that might well be a change that will turn your terrible ( putting it mildly ) luck you and Tony constantly fall foul of :Sad:

Quite agree with John, Gail - you have had such rotten luck:Sad:

Is it such a bad area for thievery etc or are you just unlucky? Maybe a move away would be the best bet if you could.

Thinking of you both ( and Robert of course!):Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i reckon you'll have to bite the bullet and find secure storage preferable outside the LEZ.

hope the CCTV footage is of good enough quality to nail the bastards :Angry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am so sorry to read you have had this happen I hope they catch the "people" responsible

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had, hope the cctv is of good enough quality to convict the scumbags.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Pop these in!

Link Removed

They are high security locks, that are a direct replacement for your cars door lock barrel. They come with those little squiggly security keys like you find on the fiamma door locks.

Very easy to fit, should take no more than an hour, tops.

They won't attempt to try and get in with those....security is about making your van harder to get into than another!:thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
1) cant afford to move and wouldnt get the same size garden elsewhere in london

2) until walthamstow dog track is sorted no one is likely to buy because its a stones throw away

3) thanks Rainbow chasers, just bought two on ebay heres hoping they fit - thats my birthday pressie bought

4) we are lucky we have great neighbours or we would have moved long ago

5) in London the little hassle we get is believe it or not very little compared to most. If we didnt have a motorhome there wouldnt be any.

6) if my brother got his finger out and sold mums house and completed both mum and dads estates (dads been dead over 3 years mums been dead over 1 year) I would actually be afford to make changes so the vehicle could be stored off road.

Where we actually live in london we are very luck we have greenery around us and still very close to major routes, theres always one, but the local neighbours are absolutely fab and theres few people who can say that these days

thanks for all your kind wishes. happy easter everyone

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Have you thought about those FIAMMA Safety locks. I had a pair that I fitted to my last M/H (quite easy to fit yourself) they saved me from the trauma you must be going thro now, I made the mistake of parking outside the Courts in Honiton. Whoever? tried to force them and only managed to chip the paint. From memory they cost about £60 for the two.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just read Rainbowchaser's post. sorry for the duplication:Blush:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
london storage issue

Storage in London is a real issue, that's for sure, there are only 2 sites that I know of this side of London and they charge a fortune! :Eeek:

We are so lucky cos we live just down the road from the only site in SE London but it still costs over £850 a year :Sad: But at least it's safe..... well, apart from a huge dent in the door caused by (we think) a kid throwing a golf ball at it! CC warden didnt want to know either :Angry:

Lots of peeps leave their vans on their drive cos of the cost and shortage of storage (if they are lucky to have one) but that causes other probs; met a chap at the show last week who lives down the road from us... had his cat converter nicked, right under his nose :Angry: cost him £800 to replace it! :Eeek:

Such a same that the London councils don't give a toss about us, else they might make it easier for people to set up storage in London :Sad: or open up some themselves.

Hope you manage to find a storage solution very soon :thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Sorry to read this, Gail & Tony hope they catch the toerags .have you got a alarm fitted ?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I was brought up in that part of the world and it was bad enough when we left in the mid '80's so I know how it must be. Seem to remember our school sports ground used to be nearby in the days when Parmiters was at Bethnal Green.

Very sad when property is not safe, as if life is not hard enough already.
We don't know how lucky we are (or perhaps we do) to be able to get our vehicles off the road and relatively safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back