LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I know it is a brit preoccupation to drone on about weather, but for the past couple of years we simply do not seem to have had any sort of summer at all

We do go out in the MH no matter what the weather, but it just seems to me that every time we go anywhere we have had to watch the ground to make sure we do not sink, take a selection of waterproofs with us, and have had to clean the carpet repeatedly no matter how careful we have been

Sure, we get the occasional couple of days of warmth and sun, but they seem to be few and far between.

This year seems ( to me ) to be even worse than last, with very little summer ( so far ) at all.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Have to agree - the unpredictable Brit weather finally drove me away from canvas camping after a very wet and windy couple of weeks in Scotland earlier this month. We had a couple of days in tee shirts and shorts (and were still too hot) and the rest of the time wearing multiple layers of fleece and bobble hats and still being cold...It would be handy if there was some consistency in the weather, be it hot or cold. At least you'd know where you stood

I'd still not want to live anywhere else though! My sister lives in South of France and at times in the summer she is restricted by the hot weather as to what can practically be done, just as we are in the winter by cold weather.

Roll on q1 2016 when Millie arrives:roflmto::roflmto:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
We've been getting some cracking Springs though. And Summer 2013 was good and long.

It does seem to go from one extreme to the other overnight though. No gentle moving from one season to another :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hope you are warm and happy Jim!! We are cold and wet at Norwich, rain started c. 12 noon yesterday and hasn't stopped yet!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And it is still drizzling here in Thetford even now mate ....

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Well yesterday was the only truly wet day we have had in Sunny Deb'n for ages......Mrs Tinca and I are as brown as berries and the garden is as dry as a chip so get yerself down to Deb'n moi luvver......................

The Tinca's

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
UK hasn't had a decent summer for bloody years you can kid yourself if you want but iur summers are crap.
The very reason we spend so much time abroad I can't stick it here, if it wasn't for family I'd be away even more.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And it aint looking great for Monday either Rory ! Think the wets are gonna get a good work out mate

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
38 deg here, low humidity very pleasant, in Siem Reap, Cambodia.:LOL:

Managed to avoid the British summer so far, spent frst 3 weeks of June in France back for the rest of June when the weather was good been in Thailand since then until today, back to Thailand on Tuesday.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
On the Isle of Wight , friday first day of real rain for what seems months my grass is almost brown (now a wet colour ) today bright sunshine.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We're having to water the garden as not had enough rain for ages. And warm enough to be without coats.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
I will send you as much welsh rain as you like please apply asap,waiting for summer may be in December this year and JIM you big wos when we are cold in Swansea we get a candle out and when it's very cold we light it still lol ray sunny in Swansea today rain again tomorrow shit

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Just put the heating on in the van in Barnard Castle off to Scotland in the morning forecast heavy rain .............only 3 months to go before we start our winter trip and some sun .

Paul

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Not taken my vest off yet, it's so cold, had 10 days in Devon/cornwall two weeks ago, rained every day, not fun with two soggy standard poodles steaming in the van!

We lived in Brittany and the summer weather was very disappointing there too, grey and rainy or too hot!!

Life is good though, great to have something to moan about as you get older!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Got pelted with hailstones last night up in Perth. Ridiculous for July.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
We're having to water the garden as not had enough rain for ages. And warm enough to be without coats.
(y) Same here in Derbyshire .........have just started collecting runners beans , late this year ;)
But then again He's blaming me ;) the garden has been under my tender care so far this year :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Jude

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I didn't think it had been that bad really :rolleyes: imagine a summer with no rain :eek: I think that would be a lot worse.The thing that gets on my wick is the persistent wind,really annoying.we are off up to Scotland in 3wks time so must remember to pack the snow shovel:LOL:
Brian & Jo

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
If it makes you feel better its cloudy at the moment here on the Ile De Re so may have to leave going to the beach till around midday :cool:
But on a brighter note it sounds as if my runner beans etc... are getting a good watering back home in Swansea (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back