The big leap (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi all
Im 54 and my wife is 47 years old i have a small joinery business and my wife has a pub, we are about to give up both, rent our house out and go south full time.

We have a Cheyenne auto trail 8.6m fixed bed etc have had it 12 months so we know we can live in it, just the two of us and a small dog, kids grown up and gone.

I think if i don't do it now i never will and go to my gave wishing:Sad: so i think sod it i will go to my grave penniless and hopefully happy having had an experience of a lifetime, wish me luck and i will need all the help you can give:Eeek:

go for it
I am 54 been full time for over a year now
best thing i have ever done #
good luck and enjoy

ps
it is better with out the wife he he he :Cool:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
4 years fulltiming now. Do it and sod the consequences.

Better to apologise for something you did do than regret something you didn't....:thumb:

OP
OP
joinerderby

joinerderby

Free Member
Nov 6, 2012
Stockport
Funster No
MH
auto trail cheyenne 860d
Exp
since 2012
ok, we have done it now no going back, we are at the moment in Portimao on the Algarve been here for three months just sorting things out, i am at present working out of the van and all seems ok that was the first problem all seems well so still got an income.
When we find our feet we will move on but meeting lots of people and getting advice, that's one of the things we found when we set off that you meet lots of like minded people.
My wife loves the life stye so that problem solved also, that was my only worry.
I think after traveling for a while we may purchase a small house on the Algarve with land for a base, not sure but an option.
Will let you all know.
Keep up the good work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Nice one
A good joiner and a bar maid
Will always find a income
Keep us updated with the land purchase its a idea I have had for a few years now even before the motorhome came along

Luck is what you make enjoy your freedom

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
This is always the same, 'Everyone tells us we are throwing everything away'.

What are we supposed to do? Keep it all, build it all up, age, wear out and die then let someone else gets the fruit? Stuff that! Enjoy it while you can.

Craig

Exactly, you cant take it with you, well done. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back