Nov 6, 2012
Stockport
Funster No
MH
auto trail cheyenne 860d
Exp
since 2012
Hi all
Im 54 and my wife is 47 years old i have a small joinery business and my wife has a pub, we are about to give up both, rent our house out and go south full time.

We have a Cheyenne auto trail 8.6m fixed bed etc have had it 12 months so we know we can live in it, just the two of us and a small dog, kids grown up and gone.

I think if i don't do it now i never will and go to my gave wishing:Sad: so i think sod it i will go to my grave penniless and hopefully happy having had an experience of a lifetime, wish me luck and i will need all the help you can give:Eeek:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi joinerderby, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcome:
Good luck to you both, exciting times ahead for you.:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::welcome::party2:

Good luck with your new adventure:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to Fun...

It seems you are about to realise the second one of my dreams having lived the first ...

You are moving into your motorhome...

You married a girl who had a pub... :thumb:

You are my hero... if you come down this way and need help... let me know.

Fulltiming ROOLS.

JJ :Cool:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Good luck to you both, we gave it all up end of last year but have not been brave enough to fly south full time. We get about a lot uk and france so far. We still have some responsibilities at home as yet, but still enjoy the new found freedom.. As will you i am sure 6:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
rent our house out

That's the way to do it.

The one recurring problem folk have is a UK address for insurance, pensions, health, load of things.

Have you found full timer's insurance yet ?

All niggles you'll overcome.

All the ones who can are heading south right now.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to fun and Good Luck with a amazing future ahead of you, lots of information on here, enjoy your dream. :thumb:

Tibs

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Tstar680
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good luck to you both!!
Live your dream, you're a long time dead! :RollEyes:
That's exactly what we are hoping to do, sooner rather than later.
House is on the market, just need a buyer and then downsize and the dream begins!
Then we will be joining you :thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
lucky man

I don`t believe it, how lucky can you get, you married a woman who owns a pub.:thumb:

If I fell in a bucket of tits I`d come out sucking my thumb:Doh:

Well done fella we wish you both all the best,:thumb: we have an Auto-trail Arapaho and we love it, after we got it sorted to suit us that is.

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Full respect to you - go and live the dream. Hopefully we will not be far behind you.

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have sold our house and are going into rental, we are in the process of looking for staff to manage the businesses and come 15th July 2013 we are taking off for 2 years. Everyone tells us we are throwing everything away but this plan has breathed new life into us (and we're not old). I do have the odd quiver now & again but its not fear at what i'm leaving just apprehension about the unknown, and for us its very unknown - Just bought our m/h this year and we havent been to Europe for over 10yrs! I wish you all the very very best and would love to know how you're getting on. When are you off?

OP
OP
joinerderby

joinerderby

Free Member
Nov 6, 2012
Stockport
Funster No
MH
auto trail cheyenne 860d
Exp
since 2012
We have sold our house and are going into rental, we are in the process of looking for staff to manage the businesses and come 15th July 2013 we are taking off for 2 years. Everyone tells us we are throwing everything away but this plan has breathed new life into us (and we're not old). I do have the odd quiver now & again but its not fear at what i'm leaving just apprehension about the unknown, and for us its very unknown - Just bought our m/h this year and we havent been to Europe for over 10yrs! I wish you all the very very best and would love to know how you're getting on. When are you off?
we are going in July also please let us know how you get on and keep in touch

OP
OP
joinerderby

joinerderby

Free Member
Nov 6, 2012
Stockport
Funster No
MH
auto trail cheyenne 860d
Exp
since 2012
Welcome to Fun...

It seems you are about to realise the second one of my dreams having lived the first ...

You are moving into your motorhome...

You married a girl who had a pub... :thumb:

You are my hero... if you come down this way and need help... let me know.

Fulltiming ROOLS.

JJ :Cool:

and that is one of the main places we are heading so see you next summer :Smile:

OP
OP
joinerderby

joinerderby

Free Member
Nov 6, 2012
Stockport
Funster No
MH
auto trail cheyenne 860d
Exp
since 2012
That's the way to do it.

The one recurring problem folk have is a UK address for insurance, pensions, health, load of things.

Have you found full timer's insurance yet ?

All niggles you'll overcome.

All the ones who can are heading south right now.

there is a lot to look into but i still have a home address, that helps a lot with insurance, the pension is a sore point paid lots into private pension due to always being self employed and its worth bugger all that is one of the reasons i'm going now:thumb:but it is something to think about

rosearthur

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Never
We are 63 and 55 and have serious aspirations to do the same. At least go off for a few months then maybe buy a house back home if the prices drop (as they may well do).
Like you say, it's now or never. Talking about it won't do it. Good luck. Let's have an adventure before it's all over.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV

This is always the same, 'Everyone tells us we are throwing everything away'.

What are we supposed to do? Keep it all, build it all up, age, wear out and die then let someone else gets the fruit? Stuff that! Enjoy it while you can.

Craig

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Agree entirely.
Hopefully - if my plans work out - we will be using the van to travel with my business. I am researching which system to tow our Kia Picanto behind our Bursner. This will enable us to park up and use the car to visit clients in towns and cities.
At 58 I still want to enjoy life and our beautiful country.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We went full time 18 months ago, I'm 55, and hubby is 46 - we also thought now or never! We figure if we can manage now with interest on savings/Capitol so low, we will be in clover if interest rates rise!! We have never regretted it, but figure if we get fed up, we can just buy a house (smaller than we had, but that will seem huge after the MH!).
Good luck with your venture! We are on the Costa Blanca for the winter, and doubt we will spend another winter in the UK after this!

:Cool::Cool:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My brother has lived in his RV for nearly two years. "Brilliant", and "Best thing I did", are his quotes. He is somewhere in southern Spain, going to Morocco, and who know where after that. He sold his house after a divorce, and he and his girlfriend, (both now retired), are living the life. Money in the bank, no house, just life!

Craig

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi and welcome, enjoy the experience you are about to part on, Good luck and safe travels,:thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Good luck on your new way of life, it's a great way to live we've been full time since November 2006 and wouldn't change a thing.

OP
OP
joinerderby

joinerderby

Free Member
Nov 6, 2012
Stockport
Funster No
MH
auto trail cheyenne 860d
Exp
since 2012
Just to bring you all up to date we are set to go in June, where first not sure yet you you can bet it's south,
thanks for all your replies and will keep you updated.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

My wife and I have been fulltiming since last June, having sold our house. So long as you have a relative or friends address you can use there is no problem - DVLA, bank etc are not bothered at all so long as they know where to contact you.

Fulltiming insurance is a big expense, there is only one broker that offers it - Comfort Insurance. Our van cost £850 per year.

Take a look at the fulltimers forum - www.motorhome365.com, everything you want to know is on there.

Have fun

Paul

Jools39

Free Member
Feb 4, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
It is a big leap, me and mother are doing the same thing, but we are selling the house to pay for the leap! There are so many little niggly bits to sort out, but you are right, if you don't do it when you feel the time is right, it will never happen!

Good luck the adventure, hopefully will see you down south when we get ourselves sorted! xx:thumb:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:welcomefunster::cry-smile::cry-smile:
LIVE THE DREAM FOR ME AS THIS WAS MY DREAM UP UNTILL A YEAR GONE SEPTEMBER THEN I GOT CHEST TROUBLES AND BEEN ON THE SICK SINCE THEN.DOCTOR SAYS I WILL NOT GET BACK TO WORK SO YOU COULD SAY I AM NOW RETIRED.ALSO DAUGHTER HAS LITTLE BOY THAT WE LOOK AFTER FIVE DAYS A WEEK SO SHE CAN WORK HE HAS KEPT ME SANE AND IS A LOT OF FUN COULD WE GIVE IT ALL UP AND LIVE THE DREAM I DON'T THINK SO FAMILY COME FIRST.SO GO LIVE THE DREAM BUT KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE FUN ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND HAVE FUN! FUN! FUN! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BOTH.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi all
Im 54 and my wife is 47 years old i have a small joinery business and my wife has a pub, we are about to give up both, rent our house out and go south full time.

We have a Cheyenne auto trail 8.6m fixed bed etc have had it 12 months so we know we can live in it, just the two of us and a small dog, kids grown up and gone.

I think if i don't do it now i never will and go to my gave wishing:Sad: so i think sod it i will go to my grave penniless and hopefully happy having had an experience of a lifetime, wish me luck and i will need all the help you can give:Eeek:

good luck
i did it 12 months ago and still loving it

go for it !!!:thumb::thumb:

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread