The big day has finally arrived! (1 Viewer)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
After 8 (yes 8, count them!) long months since placing the order, today Swmbo and I head off to Lowdhams to collect Millie the Hymer.:Grin:

Managed to sleep reasonably well last night, don't know how though!

Dogs to be dropped off to kennels for the weekend, then train down to Nottingham area . Then a whole new chapter in our life opens for us both.

Staying overnight at Lowdhams, first real trip is Wednesday for 3 days to the C&CC site at Barnard Castle.

Pics will follow provided I can get a signal!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations, wish we had recorded the handover on our phones, you think you can remember everything but we were both too excited to take it all in. At the very least write it all down. Good luck and welcome to the Hymer club(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Wow! Have a great time and just enjoy the moments (y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Enjoy your van(y)

At first I thought this was a rugby thread:)

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Good Luck. We've still got about 6 weeks to wait for ours so know what you've been through, to say we've got itchy feet is an understatement.
Enjoy your next chapter.(y)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Have a great day, so exciting after that long wait. It looks as if the weather will be kind for your handover this weekend.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Exciting times ahead & a spring-like weekend to boot, a lovely start with the new van.
Wishing you many happy trips together:)

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Exciting times ahead for you and the weather looks good for the weekend, we love Barnard Castle it's another place we return to each year.

Liz

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Enjoy your van(y)

At first I thought this was a rugby thread:)

........and now that Chris has reminded you of your unfortunate timing your wife will understand when you rip up the train tickets and warm up the telly!................

.............................sorry can't quite hear you?

..................yes I know the second word is OFF

Have a great weekend.....Griff

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Congratulations - and have a lovely first outing! :) If it's anything like where we are this weekend - Dorset - you should have a lovely sunny weekend.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Ok, a quick update from Lowdhams overnight parking (aire?)

The day started very badly...

We planned to come down by train, which involved a train from our local station to Leeds, Leeds to Sheffield, Sheffield to Nottingham and then a local train Nottingham to Lowdham.

All was good until Leeds!

The arrived early to find there were some problems on the line and the train previous to the one we'd booked had been replaced by a bus service. It was almost certain our train would also end up as a bus.

So we hopped on the first bus to Sheffield and eventually it pulled unti Sheffield station around 20 mins after our next train was due to leave.

However it didn't matter as the trains out of Sheffield were all to pot, and in fact nobody knew when the next train to Nottingham would actually leave...the departure boards were flashing "delay" or "cancel" everywhere.

Ok, it's a taxi then....except loads of others had the same idea. Eventually we got a taxi, which was a black cab in which we endured a 50 mile drive and paid £100 for the privilege.

However - we did arrive at Lowdhams just 2 minutes late for our allotted handover time.

Handover etc no problem apart from a swimming head and impatience to be given the keys!

We had hoped to use hook up tonight to try all electrics on mains but it's so busy there are no hook ups left so we are self sufficient for our first night!

We did have all appliances demonstrated on mains hook up so we know it all works.

Hey ho, need to be adaptable so nothing's spoiling our day. Off to pub for dinner once coffee is drunk. No photo opportunity today but will try to post tomorrow

Things can only get better!

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
That's such a shame - we went down to Lowdhams from Manchester today for a look round - via the M1 past Sheffield. You were quite possibly at Lowdhams when we were, approximately 1.30pm.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
great stuff millie , we could have picked our new MH up this week ,but for one reason or another we will wait untill the 6th april and like yourselves we have had an 8 month wait ,im sure that you are enjoying your new home on wheels ,have a great day(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back