Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Addie. I will try again when I get home. From memory though, I followed the instructions from the booklet, went on to register.fon.com, typed in the MAC & pin code and completed the forms, adding my username and password and then, when prompted, my geographic location resulting in a map appearing to show the signal coming from my address.

I didn't link to Facebook and tried and failed to download the apps that would work on my iPad and Nexus.

I believe that all of the screens etc. gave me the impression that I was registered and connected.

I have just received a help desk response which says that my box is not registered and they have sent me this link to show how it is done: Broken Link Removed

This is the same procedure that I followed.

I will try again and thank you for your patience.

Actually, that's a valid point - the instructions I wrote are for the 'old' fonera - but looking at this page you can still configure your Fonera via its web interface.

A more detailed version of what I posted is here. I would recommend following this, rather than using the method of entering your MAC address and password on the FON website.

Broken Link Removed

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi Addie,
I have used http://fonera but can't recall seeing the "Register now" button recently - I assume that means that I clicked it when I started setting it up or when looking at the settings - the only change being the one that I made to create a new router password instead of Admin.

I have rebooted & restored to factory settings as well.

Thanks

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
i have followed the advice on ALL the threads and am now able to log in to the fon site. you must use the right side and state your a BT customer that will take you to your BT login:thumb:

Correct for bt ......and for fon login

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Phil are you using a laptop or pad/phone? I think my problems may be my iPhone/iPad will try when I can on laptop:thumb:

Terry a friend uses a laptop.....samsung pad and a smart phone in france ands gets on through bt password no problems.......but I dont know about the ipads/phones?..

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I've wasted another evening trying to sort this out and it still doesn't work. Could you explain how to link my FON account to my FON box and how to configure the box? The instructions that came with the box and those are on the web are inadequate.

My latest frustration is getting this message: http://www.fon.com/en/main/errorSignalError#image which states that I am not connected to the Myplaces wifi signal when I am. I am trying to check every registration option that I can find as I still appear to be an alien, even though I have set up my profile to show my location etc.

Thanks

Have a look to see if you are on the fon map....if not put your self on

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
fon Problems

I am a Fon member and have a Fon box...mine works great:thumb:..but yes getting connected for some may be a problem

I don't know if this is possible BUT.... or if it will work

If any member that is having problems with FON....and needs to try and get onto FON when in France.....

If in any way I can help you, if it is possible that you can open a 2nd / another BT email address and password, separate to your original account and no connections...Just for the FON account and nothing else..Pm me..I will try to connect over here for you with your new 2nd email address and new password...then you alter the password...this is just a thought....but a may be talking silly and this idea won't work or can not be done:Doh:
I use a SFR dongle sim in my mifi.....But since I have been on FON with the Fon router......I only use SFR for private important messages like banking when out in the motorhome...nearly all the time we use FON...what I paid for the FON router i have had my money back by not topping the sim up...also when we come back to the UK there all those openzones I use ...love it :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Just to cheer you up stay put.....IT's pouring it down here in France:cry:

I'm sitting here eating my humble pie - it seems that I ended up creating two accounts with FON - with two different but very similar email addresses that were on autofill. The FON box was registered to an email address I rarely use but I had been logging onto using my main address. I guess that in a couple of hours, I will be able to use the free log on using the address that I should have used in the first place.

Apologies for my tired rants earlier.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I am connected and very relieved. What a difference a few letters make. I am surfing on a fon connection at a speed never achieved on 3g.

Thanks Addie and others :)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I am connected and very relieved. What a difference a few letters make. I am surfing on a fon connection at a speed never achieved on 3g.

Thanks Addie and others :)

Great:thumb::thumb:...glad you like it....it's worth the wait.....Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I'm sitting here eating my humble pie - it seems that I ended up creating two accounts with FON - with two different but very similar email addresses that were on autofill. The FON box was registered to an email address I rarely use but I had been logging onto using my main address. I guess that in a couple of hours, I will be able to use the free log on using the address that I should have used in the first place.

Apologies for my tired rants earlier.

We all do it....just take stock... back track.. and normally there is something simple that is causing the problem..we all look for the worst technical problem first instead of the simple ones..
Glad your sorted.

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back