Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Having watched a the program lastnight,featuring the refurb of the Barge Inn, I was very impressed as I have visted the pub and used there camp site, on quite a few times,but when I went to there web site ( which can be found on U.K Campsite.co.uk, under campsites with pubs) I find that the price of camping for a motorhome has gone from £5 per night to £15, that was for two persons, and no mention of leci, do you think this is excessive, or is it just me out of touch with the real world, being that I am a lone traveller, having said that it,s a cracking good pub alongsde the Avon Canel , anyrate I intend to write to them and ask them to justify there charges.........Del

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I would say that they are taking the p1ss at £15
They are a pub so will get extra sales through beer and food sales, they are being greedy!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I find that the price of camping for a motorhome has gone from £5 per night to £15, that was for two persons, and no mention of leci, do you think this is excessive,

Yes, for a basic site without EHU this is well over priced..

The reviews on UK campsite are enough for me to give it a wide berth ..

as an example " A great site if you want to play 'Spot-the-hippies I-Spy'. Rainbow-striped jumpers? Check. 'Humorous' bumper stickers about illicit substances? Check."

Pub Website

UK Campsite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have never paid more than £5.00 to stay at a pub and would never pay £15 to stop at one unless they had amazing facilities which the barge does not!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Having watched a the program lastnight,featuring the refurb of the Barge Inn, I was very impressed as I have visted the pub and used there camp site, on quite a few times,but when I went to there web site ( which can be found on U.K Campsite.co.uk, under campsites with pubs) I find that the price of camping for a motorhome has gone from £5 per night to £15, that was for two persons, and no mention of leci, do you think this is excessive, or is it just me out of touch with the real world, being that I am a lone traveller, having said that it,s a cracking good pub alongsde the Avon Canel , anyrate I intend to write to them and ask them to justify there charges.........Del

I will watch with interest Del, to see if you find out why the charges have risen by 300%.

Just a thought, is this one of the Motorhome Stopover list pubs? They say one night free, I'm not a member so I cannot check.

On Google there is a review as follows:
"This is possibly the worst pub in England. Knowing that at least 30 people were coming, and required food, they let their chef have the day off. The campsite was covered in dog poo and the 'band' was a bloke with a song list and guitar. landlord was rude and unhelpful although younger bar staff tried really hard. I would only stay here if the rest of the world was uninhabitable and even then I would have reservations!
Disliked: Food, Service, Atmosphere, Value"

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
"This is possibly the worst pub in England. Knowing that at least 30 people were coming, and required food, they let their chef have the day off. The campsite was covered in dog poo and the 'band' was a bloke with a song list and guitar. landlord was rude and unhelpful although younger bar staff tried really hard. I would only stay here if the rest of the world was uninhabitable and even then I would have reservations!

This person is very picky.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
I will watch with interest Del, to see if you find out why the charges have risen by 300%.

Just a thought, is this one of the Motorhome Stopover list pubs? They say one night free, I'm not a member so I cannot check.

On Google there is a review as follows:

Yes it is in

They don't have EHU

That's all I know:RollEyes:

Belay that got the wrong pub, must get my eyes tested

Last edited:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
£15 a night sounds like they're taking the pee. I never pay that as a solo traveller even for sites with full facilities :Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I intend to write to them and ask them to justify there charges.........Del

Good luck, and I know where you are coming from, but they don't need to justify their tariffs to anyone.. as with any business, camp site or otherwise they set the rates that they believe the market will support, it's up front, no hidden extras.. you either accept or vote with your wheels.

The days of cheap sites are fading fast, we went camping to a site in Norfolk and it cost us £15 , 2 adults, 1 child.. no ehu, (that is extra) , very basic toilets and pay to use showers at £1 per splash .. that bumped it up to £18 ..and it was stacked out .. so people are paying for what amounts to little more than a patch of grass and the privilege of washing in a primitive shower..
Needless to say we won't be back.. but with an increasing number taking up camping, motrohoming and caravanning the prices can only go one way .... It will soon be cheaper to stay at a Premier Inn .. :RollEyes:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Don`t forget, some body has to pay towards the re furbishment costs:thumb::thumb:

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
I have stayed over here http://www.thenewinnhotel.co.uk/ several times , the owner lets you park up in the very large secure beer garden for 6 quid a night , on my last visit he was installing EHU and building a shower/toilet block ... I hope the cost does not go up too much the beers nice .

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Don`t forget, some body has to pay towards the re furbishment costs:thumb::thumb:
They had a £40,000 lottery grant, but not for the campsite ,so it seems:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back