The Aire, Mont Saint-Michel (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
How late can you arrive at the causeway Aire at Mont Saint-Michel (early June), we did stop there last year but it would be about 22:30 before we would get there this year?

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As late as you like
we were there in Jan and the toll booth closed about 6pm but you can just drive through anyway.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
As late as you like
we were there in Jan and the toll booth closed about 6pm but you can just drive through anyway.

Thanks for that,

anyone know if the bars are still open late?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
when we went we stayed at the campsite for motorhomes only (opposite ordinary campsite just before the T junction turn off for the Mont). They have water & electricity with a large plot for 8E. We pulled in here to avoid the huge amount of traffic going to & from the Mont car park (which is where the other aire is). We decided that paying 8E was far better than battling the traffic but when we got to the Mont the car park (aire) was 8E anyway and was very desolate. No pubs unless you go into the Mont to one of the resataurants and then they are very overpriced whereas campsite aire in in the centre of town with more reasonable bars & restaurants.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Do you know how busy this aire gets in the summer? We were planning to make this a stop over during a trip in August.
Are we likely to be able to get a place at this time of year?

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi the aires in August will be very busy. We always try and get to an aires by 3pm in the afternoon, as this seems the time thet the day tripper leaves. If we want to use an aires over the weekend always try and get there by 1pm on friday and stay all weekend.

steve & ann. ---- teensvan

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Will agree with jaygee. First time there stayed on the causeway but no facilities. Paid the 8 euros in town and stayed two nights as it was well worth it

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
The campsite in the town is run by the Hotel Vert, they have 2/3 sites, one directly behind the hotel itself has showers but you use a Bourne just outside the barrier for water/dump, the second is between the barrier and the road has approximately 8 spaces and is basically next to the Bourne (I think this is the official Aire for the town itself not the Mont) and the third is on the other side of the road from the Bourne, its like a proper campsite between the trees and has a barrier and a toilet block plus its own water and dump, but no showers, they are all good and I feel you get better value for money against the Mont Aire, you can walk to the Mont in approx 15/20 mins or bike in about 5/10 mins. I think the view along the causeway/road from the outskirts of the town is very good.

Its very difficult to turn around if you head out to the Mont so be careful you could find yourself paying for the Aire/car parking even if you don't want to stay on the Aire overnight, If i were intending to stay overnight I would parkup up inone of the Hotel Verts sites and walk out to the Mont,

Hope that helps

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We stayed at the one on the oppositer side of the road to the Bourne - 8E per night.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think it's better staying at the Mont parking ( for that is all it is, no facilities ) to see the Mont lit up at night, and if your lucky you may a have lounge seat view of the sunset/sunrise.. it can be magnificent ..

Attachments

• DSC_0678.jpg
    DSC_0678.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0708.jpg
    DSC_0708.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 22

holy1hobby

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
10 years
Totally agree with you Jim we spent the night there last Oct and what with the changing depth of the pink sky at night and the errie mist in the morning it was magical:Eeek:, and it was only a short walk back to the van.Wish I knew how to upload pictures.

John

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I think it's better staying at the Mont parking ( for that is all it is, no facilities ) to see the Mont lit up at night, and if your lucky you may a have lounge seat view of the sunset/sunrise.. it can be magnificent ..
We totally agree too, as it is such a magical scene. We were there in March/April 07 and the Mont was surrounded by a sea mist in the mornings, making it look eerie. Great stuff.:thumb:

Jock.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've stayed on the parking/aire at Mont St Michel a couple of times, the last time it was absolutely brilliant ... the view of the Mont as the night drew in was magical.

Attachments

• msm.jpg
    msm.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 19

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, We just walked out from the Hotel Vert in the evening after a rather good meal in one of the hotels, I was going to do the same in the morning but it was overcast so I stayed in bed with the electric fire on, The photos from the causeway are fantastic and if you are lucky you may even see the bore on the river as the tide comes in, similar to the seven bore but a lot smaller.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back