Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
The 2008 edition of the ACSI Camping Card is now available from Link Removed at £7.95.

The card is well worth having if you tour Europe out of the high season.

Safe travelling

Don.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
A very useful card if you intend to cross the channel:winky::thumb:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, Don

Its actually £8.50 for the 2008 version, which is the one you need, and you will save the £8.50 in no time its really a very good investment

I must give praise to Vicarious Books there service is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone.

I put my details on there web site on Thursday night but didn't leave my credit card details, I rang them on Friday morning at 9:30am and gave them the Credit card details over the phone and I have the book in front of me now Saturday, now that's what i call service,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Is that price just for the card or does it include the book ?....thinking about it for Portugal but we dont use sites much, can I find out on line what sites are in the scheme?

Val x

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Is that price just for the card or does it include the book ?....thinking about it for Portugal but we dont use sites much, can I find out on line what sites are in the scheme?

Val x

Val,

The price includes the book as well as well as the card.
See Link Removed

You can order the book at Link Removed

I hope that helps.

Don

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Deleted as already answered

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, Don

Just for information and in an attempt to avoid any confusion regarding the the ACSI Camping Card and other ACSI products.

From my simple understanding ACSI are a rather large predominately Dutch Company which vet [in the absence of a better word] campsites throughout Europe and produce very good guide books and DVD's of the same.

However i know a number of people who have been very confused by the various Guides as while i beleive all of them including the DVD actually list the sites that offer discounts to Camping Card holders YOU WILL NOT GET THE DISSCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE CAMPING CARD ITSELF ?? and the only way to obtain the camping card is by purchasing it with the A5 sized "Camping Card ACSI 2008" Guide as the card is part of the A5 book cover ?

Just to Explain the Camping Card ACSI 2008,

The Camping Card itself is part of the inner leaf of the front cover of the A5 guide book which needs to be pushed out of its perforations and then filled in with your details and kept safe as this is the only thing that will get you the discounts.

The A5 Guide book this year contains 1332 sites throughout 19 countries albeit the UK has only 1 site in the scheme, and the guide book also contains a large map which you can use to see at a glance if there are any sites near where you want to go, we used it for our first trip to France as a route planner?

The guide as said has 1332 campsites throughout Europe, which off-peak will offer, under certain conditions which are detailed in the guide an over night pitch inc electric and all of the normal facilities for 2 adults etc within the range of 10 to 14 euros. approximately £6.70 and £9.38 per night.

[25 sites in Portugal]

There is often confusion and comparisons between the ACSI Camping Card and the Camping Card International [CCI Card] and sometimes Camping Cheques.

The Camping Card International [CCI Card] is not the same as the ACSI Camping Card, we carry both as the CCI card is usually accepted as proof of identity so saves leaving your passport at the reception [sometimes they will accept the ACSI card as well] the CCI also provides you with a level of insurance and some sites will also give you a small discount 5-10% but you can't use both cards. Hear is a link to the C&CC site which explains it better than I can, I think the CC can also supply these cards

Link Removed

Camping Cheques, I have never used these but from what i have heard the only difference appears to be that you have to pay up front for the cheques and the ACSI you don't albeit you do have to buy the book but that is less than the first nights stay ?

Hope this helps explain the differences.

Brian
I hope that helps

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back