The £ today. (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sterling has slumped 17 per cent against the US dollar and 15 per cent against the euro since Britain voted to leave the European Union on June 23.

Looks Mirey to me

It has been as low as 1.02 well before any mention of even a vote on BREXIT,,,,BUSBY,,

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If only it were that simple, but it's not. No one knows which way the exchange rate is going. Those who think they do are called gamblers and work for big banks. Suppose you bought at 1.40 (I did too) and when you came to spend it was 1.50? Not so smart then. Once you've used all your euros you have to buy again so I look forward to your advice as to when the most advantageous time is. 1.15? Suppose it goes to 1.20 in 6 months, will you compensate for my losses, or do you know for sure which way it's going?

Moneysavingexpert.com explains it all in simple language.

It wouldn't matter to me. If the rate was ever more than I bought at when I wanted to spend I would just exchange more at the higher rate.

Either way I'm getting a better rate than any credit card will give me.

Revolut use the interbank spot rate which is updated every 90 seconds or so and is always at least a couple of percent better than the Visa and MasterCard rates which are updated no more than every 24 hours.

It really is that simple (y)

The only advice I would ever give the what I've already said: Any currency card will always give a better rate at any given moment than any credit card. If you don't want to "risk" buying the currency in advance then do it when you make your purchase, you will still be better off.

Deleted User
If you don't want to "risk" buying the currency in advance then do it when you make your purchase, you will still be better off.

That's the beauty of the Revolut app, as long as you have some sterling in the account conversions are instantaneous at the rate shown on the screen, not a few days later when the transaction eventually reaches your card provider.

I do wonder how long it will last though, seems a bit too good to be free forever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
200 Euros per MONTH on Revolut. I sometimes like a splash of gin in my tonic :rolleyes:.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
200 Euros per MONTH on Revolut. I sometimes like a splash of gin in my tonic :rolleyes:.

Even with the 2% fee over that amount it's still the best available at the moment.

As long as they use the spot rate and no-one else does that won't change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I can get free transfers from Revolut up-to £5,000 per card per year and they offer a better rate than the bib FX's

Revolut had an offer to the first 5000 upgraded members investent.

With premium you get

unlimited FX's
free cash withdraw up-to £400 a month (usually 2%)

but it was 6.99/pm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back