Thats Lake Garda booked for July (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
Just booked ferry and campsite for Lake Garda in July, thanks for the advice and tips given. We have booked the Hull - Rotterdam return and campsite is camping sanfrancesco. For the first time we have used the Caravan club to book it, i only phoned them for quote assuming it would be more expensive but was shocked to get a price £120 cheaper than if i had booked ferry and site on my own. I think the may saving was the ferry price as they where £60 cheaper than i could get.
Still open to tips and advice on things such as route and sites for over night stop we are thinking of going via Germany and Austria hope to do a good chunk of the distance on the first day so we get to our site at a decent time the next day. We will have a week to get back to ferry after our stay in Italy so hope to do a bit more on way home.

Cheers
Gerry

wildbri

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Funster No
either on the way or coming back try to visit lake Iseo, it's about the size of Windermere, with and island in the middle said to be the largest in a lake in europe. Ferry takes about five minuets, no cars on island except a police car and a minibus. You can walk all around the coast in two hours, or take your bike, small bar or lakeside restaurant every kilometer. Iseo is Very nice with lakeside campsides, buses and a railway. We had never heard of it but was recmended it by a couple who were camped next to us on Lake Garda, went for a night....stayed a week, good swimming both in the lake and the small camp site pool.

Regards bri :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back