LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Speed over ground about 55 knots! which is quite interesting lol That is two up, trimmed right out

More fun is a few chums, Gin & Tonics and pottering around in the South of France, mooring up at night next to the motorhome!

Happy days!

Fat Rat

Free Member
Mar 12, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 664
Exp
Practice is definitely key and knowing your van (keep height and width measurements where you can see them on dash if it helps). We live in West Wales and most of our roads are single lanes so being good at 'Chicken' is also an advantage :LOL:
I'm a woman driver too, but my day vehicle is a Vauxhall Vivaro (van) and I drive a tractor and trailer. I also do any towing that is required, can drive a 3 ton digger, an on road Quad and anything else that you want to put my way. So just be brave, own the road, keep an eye on your backside at all times and if you don't like the look of a road, ignore Sat Nav and stay on a bigger road. Being able to reverse the vehicle as well as you drive it forwards is a must around here. You CAN do it, it just requires a little more forward thinking (especially where to park) but definitely worth it.

Sue-Jane

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
Congresbury, North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Low profile C class
Exp
campervanning for 28 yrs, now bought smallish motorhome
I'm still to drive our new-to-us Motorhome, which is probably a foot wider than our Van Conversion Camper was - so I guess I'd better get on with it! First time I tried checking I could reach the pedals (!) I could not then make the Safety Belt reach......maybe I need an extension to the belt?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Free Member
Feb 12, 2016
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 590
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've done quite a bit of driving now including a 4 hour lesson with a chap who teaches ambulance drivers. I feel a bit more relaxed now but I think that I am going to have to do a lot more driving before I am really happy with it. Thanks for all your helpful advice it has been really useful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back