that time of year again

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by smudger, Sep 28, 2013.

1. smudger

smudger Funster

hi guys, well the time is near for me to dissapear again , i think this winter is gonna be a mixture of spain and portugal, thinking of benedorm for starters, then work my self down into porky, around early feb i hope. i know i have a few rvoc,ers to hook up with, is there anyone else going, if so should see you around algarve ,maybe albuferia, and i will try and keep my updates going this time, as i lost touch last time, thats due to having so much to do and enjoy, rite now ive been dooing a mini tour of ireland, with a few funsters in tow. and now i,m at hook head light house, listening to the sea pounding off the rocks, just me and two other campers, google it, well worth a look. and i,m on the live webcam, its wild camping at its best,, no facilities at all , but thats the way i like it, i might even do a few piccys tomorow, if i can work out my new phone, then on monday, we are off to rosslare , gonna base ourselves there and use the car for the duration of of the week till sunday 6th oct, then its the high seas for the journey back, anyways time for the labba, thats bed in irish, ye all have a good night,:Smile: posted on rvoc s well'

• Like Like x 9
  2. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Have a safe trip smudger, we will look out for you if we get to Portugal again this year. :BigGrin:
    We go mid November all being well, but will be in Spain, for the first 3 months.:Eek!: :thumb: Bob and Jane.

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Keep us posted if you do hit Benidorm.. We wont be over in the van till January but have a few trips planned when the flights are cheap...:thumb:

4. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Smudger, sounds wonderful, be good to put a couple of pictures on, keep us updated on Spain/Portugal safe journeys and enjoy. :Smile:

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi doc, We hope to be in Benidorm on La Torreta in November for 30 days, then who knows. At least Benidorm will be open then :Cool:. If you do decide to do La Torreta they can take your rig and they have wifi.

6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Hi Smudger, have a safe and enjoyable journey. I'm hoping to make Portugal for February so may meet up.:thumb::thumb:

7. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

8. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

Hi Doc

Great to hear of your plans and hope you have a great time. Hopefully we will see you somewhere in Spain/Portugal as we plan to travel there in the new year.

Slan

Kath and Howie

9. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

Have a safe trip Smudger, and have FUN

10. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Hey Doc nice to see you post on here when you get time put some pics on of your travels we like to know where you are and what your up to:thumb:
    I found your RV on the cam :BigGrin: that looks a great place to visit

11. ukbill

ukbill Funster

safe roads smudger will cya down in beni around january me pete and ken will be there end of dec for new years so looks like a few funsters will be do the beni shuffle :Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Derek, if your heading to/from Benidorm way call into this place:

http://www.areaautocaravanas.com/

Great site will have no problem fitting your MH in with the car trailer as well. The young lady owner is really nice.

We will not be in Portugal until early December if you about. You have my mobile so call when your in Spain around the Alicante area and we will pop over for the day.

13. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

This is a good plan. If you can't have a good time in Benidorm you'll never have a good time. If you like Chinese you'll not get better food and nicer people than here....

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=38.53...NQez24rNncgs9qcDNik6VQ&cbp=12,303.26,,0,14.07

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

se you next year smudger se you next year if not before bill lyn and the wee man:thumb::BigGrin:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  15. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

For all you Funsters heading south, don't forget there is a decent stopover with a big welcome (and discount) for you at Parc Verger, not far from Limoges. OK, we're a site and not an aire, but its safe and quiet, ideal for breaking your journey.:thumb:
    Hope to see some of you in the months ahead.
    Bob
    www.parcverger.com

• Like Like x 4
  16. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Have a good trip Doc - wish I was going too but not possible at present!

Catherine

17. JJ

JJ Funster

My people have contacted the Algarve authorities and they are now organising a load of bunting and red carpet so as to be ready to welcome the return of The King Of The Algarve no matter when it is.

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

safe journey and have a fabulous winter. Hope to see you when you are back in the UK