Rally Chat That Dammed Illusive New Forest Meet (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looks like I missed a great meet. Let's hope the Goth meet is half as good.

I must say it felt like a good one to us and everyone was so generous with their cash and their compliments that I think you did miss a very good meet John.

Oh dear green with envy. And our meetings with foster plus where cancelled . So we could have come. Oh well we will come next year.

As for you, you didn't just miss a great meet you missed Dave @DuxDeluxe freely dishing out Malt, admittedly it was my Malt, and so was @swanseajack13 freely giving out a very fine Welsh single Malt, the booze was the mainstay of the Auction in all its forms.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm seeing a theme there:whistle: any ideal how much was raised @Popeye?[/QUOTE
Everything's been said - we had a blast - too many names to mention, so many happy memories made - I think we did Les proud @Debs, and you were both in all our thoughts all weekend.

In conclusion @Popeye and @Armytwowheels - I think we got away with it.....;)

[

[USER=2195]@Les[/USER] and our table somehow saw off the bottle of Penderyn @Debs (a toast to you Les every time) so we will have to source another before Thursday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I kid you not Dawn the money is still in the plastic cups as it was handed to me by you, Ger, Jackie, Pam and David. The only money I do know about is the cash that @Armytwowheels prized from the fingers of the unwary traveler on entry to the site. She did a complete spreadsheet and the cash was split into Hundreds with a folded note, Bank style, courtesy of Colin.

@DavidG58 sold sweeties at a pound a dip, Pam @Lottiethehymer sold cuddles with Oscar at £1 a go and raised over £20 I think, but it is all still in the plastic cups. @Robert Clark brought five superior bottles of Rum and collected a shed load of tenners, but you'll have to guess how much. Thanks Robert, he was disgusted with me when I told him that my taste buds preferred the tots as they were going up in price but that I preferred the spiced Rum to the rest of them.
It would appear that I'm a peasant.

I promise I will get around to it but today I have had to concentrate on the arrival of a New Tenant and the cleaning and drying of the Marquee. Maybe tomorrow either side of Doctors visits I'll balance the books.

One thing I have decided to do at no cost to anyone is "Guess the total Amount" and a Bottle of Champagne to the winner as we still have one bottle left over. @swanseajack13 told me they raised £200 at Pembrey, is that right Ray? ....and while we are on the subject of Ray, you still owe me £20 the deposit money that all the others paid and I failed to remind you about. Sorry mate.

The last night was the quiz and I didn't see how much @Ron & Gerri collected but it all went in this tin in the picture and I haven't got the heart to take a tin opener to it it's too nice, but I will do so tomorrow.

cash-pot_800x600.JPG

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Everything's been said - we had a blast - too many names to mention, so many happy memories made - I think we did Les proud @Debs, and you were both in all our thoughts all weekend.

In conclusion @Popeye and @Armytwowheels - I think we got away with it.....;)
Phil @Taran_Las - I am soooooooo sorry - but this weekend you were always so quiet, conscientious, self affacing etc etc etc - that when I dashed off this post this morning, I inadvertently pressed the button before getting my brain into gear and @ing you ...... can you ever forgive me - I hope so, as I would like to be invited to future soup tasting, sausage casserole tasting, red wine tasting ...... :notworthy2:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll give you and update.......... including the £15.03p that Ger earned entertaining the troops there was the best part of £100 in that tin alone.

Quiz-tin3.JPG
Quiz-tin2.JPG

Quiz-tin1.JPG
Not too keen on these new Fivers!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Popeye now then Griff you are about as vague as @Robert Clark when it comes to guessing

I know it is not all about the winning, but it is a little bit about not making a complete arse of oneself :LOL:

Are you including all the campsite money or just profits? It matters, well I thought it did when I started this post, not so sure now o_O

So my 'guesses' are either £2240, or £640 :):)(y)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Popeye @Armytwowheels @cliffandger well done thanks for all the work you put in to this great rally and all the funsters and what about our @Stumpy legless all rally @Debs they did you and les proud ,@Ron & Gerri the quiz was great and popeye did not win the cobbles put the boot in I told my team not to compete as I did not think it would be right to win in popeye rally but taking part was , the fancy dress was fantastic but one of the judges @DavidG58 took a bung from popeye to kick me out and to all you FUNSTERS you are a credit to this club ray xx lol still lol not as good as the PEMBREY rally to far from the sea but if there is a rally there next year I will bring some sand hope to see all you FUNSTERS sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
No David, forget the site fees and you can pretty much forget the £20 deposits too as the cost of the Marquee and the Wine and cheese AND all of the prizes and Auction bottles came out of that apart from about £28 which is how much in the Red I was before we sold our first raffle ticket.

So how much did the Raffle + Halloween Rum sales + the Auction + the Dog cuddling + the sweet sales + the Hug @DavidG58 for £20 from @Neilfg + whatever else raise? That is the competition and I do not yet have the answer.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Just made it home (by a rather roundabout route). Many thanks to all involved in making the weekend happen.

I'm sorry we weren't as sociable as we would have been under normal circumstances. Jane wasn't very well on Saturday & Sunday & wasn't up to the evening festivities. I did leave her on her own for a while on Saturday but didn't think I could do that two night's running. The quiz wouldn't have benefited much by my presence anyway, but I am sorry I missed the entertainment that followed!

We did get to chat to old friends (sorry - to friends we have known for some time) & to put faces to some well known forum names we had never met. Special mention goes to our immediate neighbours @retiringjoyce who entertained Jane while I was working on Friday afternoon - Brenda, I'll let you know how the pies turn out & I'm hoping I don't get a soggy bottom. :unsure:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Guess the Price Profit (Robert Clark style)

1. DavidG58.................£640
2. Baycott....................£632.20

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@Popeye @Armytwowheels @cliffandger well done thanks for all the work you put in to this great rally and all the funsters and what about our @Stumpy legless all rally @Debs they did you and les proud ,@Ron & Gerri the quiz was great and popeye did not win the cobbles put the boot in I told my team not to compete as I did not think it would be right to win in popeye rally but taking part was , the fancy dress was fantastic but one of the judges @DavidG58 took a bung from popeye to kick me out and to all you FUNSTERS you are a credit to this club ray xx lol still lol not as good as the PEMBREY rally to far from the sea but if there is a rally there next year I will bring some sand hope to see all you FUNSTERS sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
I did ask Ray @SwanseaJack if he wrote things - ahem - rather later in the evening but apparently no; it is always like that. Ray, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you at last and thanks for all the laughs. It was one of the many things that made the weekend so good (as well as beating your team in the quiz............ )

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

3. Robert Clark.............£500.00
4. DuxDeluxe...............£655.00
5. Jamwitt...................£741.00
6. PandJ .....................£686.00
7. Houdini Dave...........£575.00
8. Houdini Lesley ........£546.00
9. Les taking the P!$$ ......£925.04

one of the many things that made the weekend so good is beating your team in the quiz............

That works for me at all the meets Dave...........:rofl: :wink:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just had an alert to another thread which contained a link to this one so I just had to have a read. Started at page 30 and read to the end. What a fantastic time you all seemed to have. Love the New Forest, used to visit for a month every year before we crossed the channel for the winter but never came across anything like seen here!

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

3. Robert Clark.............£500.00
4. DuxDeluxe...............£655.00
5. Jamwitt...................£741.00
6. PandJ .....................£686.03
7. Houdini Dave...........£575.00
8. Les taking the P!$$ ......£925.04
9. funflair ...................£720
10.Armytwowheels......£775.75
11.lindyloot ................£899.99

Last edited: